5 Easy Ways To Raise Money For THON

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

With THON less than three weeks away, it might feel like it’s too late to start fundraising. However, there are lots of things you can do to keep the donations coming in during these last few weeks. So, here are five easy ways to raise money for THON, as the best weekend of the year gets closer:

1. Adwap

Adwap is probably the easiest online way to raise money for THON. All you do is sign up, choose THON as your charity, and watch ten quick advertisements a day – that’s it. Every time you watch an ad, the site donates the revenue to your cause. It’s not much, but if you do it every day for a few months, it’ll add up in no time.

2. Donor Drive

It only takes a few minutes to set up a Donor Drive account and customize your profile. Once it’s ready, you can share it on social media or send the link in emails (which the website will write for you.) Then all you have to do is wait for the donations to come in.

3. Collect change

What could be easier? Pick out a cute mason jar (or literally anything that holds coins), add your spare change, and watch it pile up.

4. Sell something

Fundraising.com specializes in items you can buy and resell to raise money. The lollipops are a popular item, but there are endless options for fundraisers. There are also a ton of websites where you can design bracelets, key chains, or any number of items to sell for your cause.

5. Host a bake sale

If you actually enjoy baking, then having a bake sale for a fundraiser is a piece of cake – pun intended. It shouldn’t be too hard to find a place to sell – local churches, JCCs and businesses will most likely let you set up outside their building. Even though it’s a little more time-consuming, a bake sale is still an easy way to make lots of money – and who can resist a table full of cupcakes?

The countdown to THON 2018 is on!

Becky Sorensen is a senior at Penn State, double majoring in Public Relations and Political Science. You can find her on campus with an iced coffee in one hand and an everything bagel in the other. Clear your schedule before asking her how she feels about the Harry Potter series, New York City, or about the next trip she’s planning - she tends to ramble. Loudly. You can follow her at @beckylalalaa on Twitter and @beckysorensen on Instagram for hilarious puns or her undying love for THON and Penn State football.
Allie Maniglia served as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Penn State from 2017-2018. She majored in public relations with minors in international studies and communication arts and sciences. If she's not busy writing away, you can find her planning her next adventure (probably back to the U.K.), feeding an unhealthy addiction to HGTV or watching dog videos on YouTube.