5 DIY Christmas Gifts For Everyone In Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

It’s almost the end of the semester. This means that ugly holiday sweaters are finally in season, that exams are upon us, and that our wallets are emptier than they were at the beginning of the semester. This can cause many difficulties, considering we still have a few weeks left in the semester and still have a few Christmas presents to purchase for our friends and family. If this is a struggle that you’re facing as well, then have no fear! Here are a few ideas for some homemade Christmas gifts if you too are a baller on a budget:

1. For the hot chocolate drinker

You can make a delicious hot chocolate mix for your friend who enjoys sipping on hot cocoa on snowy days. Just pour your favorite hot chocolate mix, peppermints or chocolate candy and mini marshmallows into a jar. This will leave them with an almost already-made cup of hot chocolate; they’ll only have to mix in the milk and hot water! The person who receives this will sip their hot chocolate and say, “Tasty!”

2. For the one with a sweet tooth

You can put your baking skills to the test by baking your favorite delicious cookies! Decorate a cookie jar or make one from a chip can, and then you can put the cookies inside. The person who receives this will know you baked your cookies with love this holiday season.

3. For the crafty friend

If you can knit or crochet, then you can make a scarf, a hat or even a koozie! The person who receives this gift will know that you put forth your full effort into making this thoughtful gift.

4. For the sentimental friend

You can print out your favorite picture with them and then decorate a frame. The person who receives this gift will know how much they mean to you!

5. For the friend who loves candles

Why buy a candle when you can make one? You can purchase a soy candle craft set and make nice scented candles for all of your favorite people! The person who receives this gift will know how much you value a nice smelling home.

These homemade gifts will surely put a smile on the faces of your family and friends. If someone you bestow these beautiful gifts upon for some reason doesn’t like them, just remember that it’s the thought that counts. Happy holidays, collegiettes!

Maire is a junior at Penn State majoring in psychology. She loves ice cream, writing, and crocs. She hopes to grow as a writer during her time at Her Campus. She loves the environment. Follow her vegetarian food Instagram for cool and fun content @iturnipforvegetables !
Samantha Grillo graduated from Penn State University with a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism. She loves creative writing, pop culture and Penn State, all of which led her to joining the Her Campus Penn State team at the beginning of her freshman year as a contributing writer. In her free time, Samantha enjoys reading, watching her favorite TV shows, and catching up on the latest movies.