element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 5 Boyfriends You’ll Meet at College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Disclosure: You may experience the boyfriend that is more than one. If that’s the case, run or if you’re lazy like me, just drink. 

1. Your “First Love”We’re not talking your first kiss on the playground. or the boy you dedicated your Aim Away Messages to. It’s the boyfriend that made you get what this whole “love” thing was all about. 

2. The Stage Five ClingerHe’s just way more into you than you are into him. Sure this is really nice at first! Who doesn’t love having a boy who will do your laundry and cook you dinner? This doesn’t seem like a bad deal at first. Until you realize that you are actually in a relationship with this person and there has to be SOME form of reciprocity. Ew, pass.

3. The “I’m sorry but I made plans with the bros tonight!”Not only does he frequently apologize for things and then keep on doing them over again but he’s also notorious for ditching you for his bromance. 

4. The “Lights are on but no one’s home!”The Hollister model at your local mall. You might go into this relationship thinking, “It can’t be that bad, look how hot he is.”

But then your IQ starts dropping as you keep on dating him. As you are  trying to get through your Lit class, he is still trying to find meaning in a Dr. Seuss book.

5. The Red Flags EverywhereThe boyfriend from hell that is overly jealous and super controlling. Whenever you don’t text him back within 5 minutes he gets all FBI on you. 

6. Marriage Material
The ultimate Ryan Gosling. He gives you butterflies at all the right moments, your family loves him more than you do, and you can stay up all night and talk about your futures together. This boyfriend is the one you can actually see being the father to your children. Unfortunately, you might have to go through 1-5 to find this gem. 

Torri Singer is an undergrad student at Penn State University. She is a broadcast journalism major and loves all things creative, so when she joined the PSU HC chapter she knew it was right up her alley. Her favorite topics to cover include lifestyle, pop culture, relationships and current events. When she isn't writing or editing she loves trying her hand at photography and recently won second place in the national Society of Professional Journalism award for her photography coverage of Hurricane Sandy. Torri is currently interning in New York City in the creative services department of WPIX Chanel 11 News as well as writing editorial pieces for The Two River Times Newspaper in New  Jersey. After graduation she hopes to be heading to live in New York City, her favorite place in the world.