Semester Abroad in London- Penn State
Semester Abroad in London- Penn State
Original photo by Jalen Martin
Life > Experiences

3 Things I am Buying for My Study Abroad Trip

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

As someone who is heavily influenced by TikTok and society’s favorite products at the moment, I have compiled a list of items I am looking to purchase for my upcoming study abroad experience in May 2023.

I am traveling to the Czech Republic to study globalization for a three week academic course. During this time, I will be bouncing around the heart of Europe, visiting places like Prague, Budapest, Austria and so much more.

1. Sneakers

With this much traveling, a good pair of sneakers is key to having an enjoyable abroad experience. The Hoka Clifton 8 running sneaker is an absolute must, considering all the walking that is done living in an area where walking is the main source of transportation.

My sister-in-law recently just purchased these sneakers in the Pale Mauve/Peach Whip shade. From first look and feel, the color is super pretty and the actual sneaker is light, despite the cushioned bottom.

When I tried them on, it was like jumping on a trampoline with every step I took. I felt light and springy on my feet, and the shoe offers a very structured arch around the foot.

They are a little pricy, but in my opinion they are definitely worth it. I think I am going to go with the Shifting Sand/ Eggnog color!

2. CARRY-On Bag

Next on my list is The Weekender by Béis. This carry-on bag is very spacious and comes with different sized compartments for a more accessible way of storing items. The bottom of the bag has a separate zipper designed to hold shoes, toiletries and other essentials you do not want mixed with clothing.

The selling point for me is the zipper pocket on the side of the bag that acts as a sleeve over your suitcase handle. This makes it so much easier to travel throughout the airport, keep all of my stuff together and avoid wearing my shoulder down with a heavy strap.

Bonus: Béis came out with The Weekender Bag in black and it is so pretty.

3. HEAdphones

The third and final item on my list to prepare for my study abroad trip is a good pair of headphones. Considering I am going to be on a plane for upmost of 14 hours on the way there, the thought of having my AirPods in my ears for that long is just not appealing to me, whatsoever.

The Beats Solo 3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones are the perfect find for a long, overnight flight. Whether I am walking to class or exploring a new city, these are also handy to have accessible and around whenever necessary.

Considering the sound on my AirPods has significantly decreased since I bought them about four years ago, I think it is time to upgrade. These Beats are super affordable as they are competitive in price with Apple AirPods at $130 on Amazon.

Overall, there are endless things I could say I need to buy for my month-long overseas expenditure. However, with some research and guidance from users on social media platforms like TikTok, these products seem to be a good fit for what I am looking for to enhance my experience abroad.

Emily Gladu is a fourth-year studying Advertising and Business at Penn State University. In her free time, you will find Emily watching any Philadelphia sports team or catching a flight to her next adventure! She loves to catch up on the latest fashion trends & discover new music!