This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

There is no denying that Penn Staters love their school. We live, eat, sleep and breathe Penn State. There’s never enough time in the day to gloat to our friends who go to other schools how much better ours is. Of course, there are some things we wish we could improve upon, such as maybe adopting some much needed bike lanes or a Dunkin’ Donuts on campus. But no matter what, we’ll always be proud students.

There’s no denying you go to Penn State (aka the best school in the entire world) when…

1. You can get to class faster by walking rather than taking a CATA bus.

2. It snows in October.

3. Saturdays are known as game days.

4. The idea of looking both ways before you cross the street doesn’t exist.

5. You burn more calories walking to class than at the gym.

6. The HUB food costs more than your tuition.

7. You wake up earlier on Saturdays to tailgate than you would on Mondays to go to class.

8. Girls wear toddler-sized cheerleading uniforms to tailgates and manage to make it work.

9. You see the famous “Dorito Church,” and you know you’ve made it.

10. You’re always FTK.

11. You spend the entire year looking forward to THON weekend in February.

12. Your hike to Dunkin’ Donuts is a daily struggle (so you opt for one of the many Starbucks locations on campus instead).

13. You can’t find a Coke anywhere.

14. You have to dodge bikers more than you do cars.

15. You try to schedule, and all of the classes you need are already full.

16. You will never stop buying Penn State gear… ever.

17. You’re surrounded by 107,000 other Nittany Lions inside Beaver Stadium on game day.

18. You’re guaranteed to see someone you know while walking to class.

19. You have Instagrammed a picture of Old Main a number of times.

20. You start eating Canyon sober.

21. You can’t find a table in the HUB like ever.

22. You know WE ARE always here for one another through all the ups and downs.

Photo credit: 1

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.