21 Things PSU Students Have To Be Happy About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

We know how it goes – the last few weeks of the semester tend to be the most hectic. From all of your professors cramming in papers with due dates that just so happen to land on the same days to studying for endless exams, it can feel like the semester is never going to end. Whether it feels like it or not, the final days of Spring 2016 are right around the corner, and there’s still some things to look forward to before the semester takes its final bow.

1. You didn’t miss the Bloop today

You were one of the lucky few who the bus driver saw sprinting after the bus and decided to wait for you. Not all heroes wear capes.

2. You got to the HUB when the Chick-fil-A line wasn’t out to the Starbucks

3. You can finally go out and eat your Chick-fil-A on the HUB Lawn

4. The weather’s getting nicer which means you’ll most likely find dogs at the HUB and Old Main lawn

5. You were able to find an empty cubicle on the third floor of Pattee

This time of year, it’s nearly impossible.

6. It’s almost Blue-White Weekend

Stadium hot dogs and chicken baskets, here we come.

7. Movin’ On is right around the corner

Walk. The. Moon. For. FREE!

8. THON 2017 spring captains

It’s never too early to start getting ready FTK!

9. If you’re super lucky, your college will have an event with free PSU Bakery cookies

If not, just go to West for a quick pick-me-up. Cookies cure all ailments.

10. The omelet line during brunch at Pollock isn’t 40 people long

11. Formal is just around the corner

12. Better yet, summer is just around the corner

13. Warmer weather (which we’re hoping will come soon)

14. The downtown farmers’ market returns soon

Okay, sure, it’s during finals week. But, if you have a late final or are graduating, pick yourself up some flowers to reward yourself for your hard work this semester.

15. Baseball is back

We’ll take any excuse to eat more chicken baskets.

16. The Berkey Creamery is back in action

Which is perfect timing for us to cry into a bowl of Peachy Paterno after our econ final.

17. Exec boards are being announced almost every second

You could make Penn State great.

18. The Spring Carnival is back

Food and games… we’re there.

19. The Pennsylvania Primary is coming up

Help your favorite politician win their nomination this year! For some of you, it might be the first election you’re able to vote in.

20. You don’t have any 8 a.m. finals

21. Graduation? Maybe?

We can’t actually decide if this is good or not…

You’ve almost made it, collegiettes! Just keep your head up, and you’ll be returning your books in no time. 

Photo credit: 1

Allie Maniglia served as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Penn State from 2017-2018. She majored in public relations with minors in international studies and communication arts and sciences. If she's not busy writing away, you can find her planning her next adventure (probably back to the U.K.), feeding an unhealthy addiction to HGTV or watching dog videos on YouTube.
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.