2012 Homecoming Court Member, Kathy Kozak

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Name: Kathy Kozak
Year: Senior
Major: Journalism
Hometown: Carle Place, NY

Meet Kathy Kozak, a senior majoring in print journalism. Kathy was elected to be a member of the 2012 Homecoming Court (She is also a fellow Her Campus Penn State writer!). Kathy shares with us her Homecoming Week experience.

HC: How did you get chosen for Homecoming Court?

Kathy: A few weeks ago, I received an email from the Homecoming Royalty Committee telling me that I had been nominated for Homecoming Court. From there, I had to fill out an application that dealt with my time and involvement here at Penn State. From the applications, the committee narrowed it down to 20 candidates. The next step was an interview with members of the committee and from that a court comprised of five females and five males was selected.

HC: What did being a member of HC court entail?

Kathy: Being a member of the court involved participating in a lot of the Homecoming Week events (i.e. the carnival on Old Main lawn) and also dancing and MCing the FTG Talent Show.

HC: What was your favorite part?

Kathy: My favorite part was getting to know the rest of the court and learning about who they were and the amazing role they play in the Penn State community.

Maddie is a junior at Penn State pursuing a major in Public Relations with a minor in Business. She is from Timonium, MD. She loves all things pop culture and hopes to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.