20 Things Every Penn State December Grad Can Relate To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Being a senior in college is truly one of the most bittersweet times of your life. There are so many things that are happening and about to happen that you don’t even want to begin wrapping your mind around it. Well, unfortunately, the time is here and coming from a December grad herself, here are 20 things I’m sure all my fellow graduates can relate to: 

1. You envy everyone because they either have another semester or a few more years.

The only time you’ll ever be jealous of freshmen… and their lanyards. Okay, maybe not.

2. Getting emails from the Blue & White Society about their spring events make you cringe inside.

….don’t remind me.

3. Student loan exits kind of make you want to pull each of your hairs out strand by strand.

Because nothing says “Happy graduation!” and “Welcome to the real world” like thousands in debt.

4. The fact that you have to pack up your room/apartment makes your soul hurt.

This is the perfect time to either reminisce with the homies or finally find that top you have been looking for.

5. Everything you do is, “for the last time.”

“Oh my god, this is the last time I’ll be at Beaver Stadium as a student!”

…but actually, that’s pretty sad. *crying emoji*

6. Realizing that Canyon Pizza is no longer an option at 2 a.m.

You can get Taco Bell anywhere…. but Canyon?! COME ON.

7. You thought you were smart when you waited to schedule those 100-level courses your last semester until you realize your entire grade relies on clicker points.

meaning iClicker points (a.k.a. hell)

8. Hearing everyone talk about THON and spring break and you’re just kind of like…

…can you not?

9. Realizing you have to actually find a job and start an adult life earlier than your friends hits you like…

What do you mean I have to pay bills? AND I can’t go out on Thursdays?!

10. Snapchat gets a campus story, and guess what? You leave.

*secretly hoping it gets taken away again*

11. Asking your roommates if you can come stay in YOUR apartment for State Patty’s <<<<<.

Is it wrong to ask the ‘subletter’ to sleep on the floor? Your name is still on the lease after all…

12. Speaking of…. FINDING A SUBLETTER IS LIKE PULLING TEETH WITH TWEEZERS.

Sure, finding one for summer or fall is easy… but for spring? Foghet abaht it!

13. Leaving your friends behind sucks, especially the ones you just made this semester.

Have fun in the spring… without me… it’s fine.

14. Wishing you got a dollar for every time you were asked if you’re graduating a semester late or early.

…and yes, I’m still single, too. *rolling eye emoji*

15. Finals are over on Monday, but you gotta stay until Saturday to walk.

Why are you taunting me?

16. Going to your last classes ever and getting told, “Hope to see you in the spring!”

See ya never!

17. Not having to deal with the blistering cold in State College during January and February has you like…

“Oooooh, so this is what heat is like?”

18. Moving back home with your parents while all of your friends still have their freedom.

Rules are a thing again… No coming home past 1 a.m.  Byeee, Felicia.

19. Do you even KNOW how hard it is to find the PERFECT long-sleeved dress in the right shade of navy blue that’s NOT longer than your gown for graduation? DO YOU???

No, you don’t.  You have no idea.

20. Feeling #blessed to be a part of such an amazing university, spending the best four (or more) years of our lives here, and being proud of who we are and what we became from being at Penn State.

22! Senior at Penn State University with a major in print journalism and a minor in psychology. Secretary of Her Campus Penn State. I'm a lover of all things Pittsburgh and dreamer of all things New York. I love dogs, sprinkles and I keep up with the Kardashians. Twitter: @katie_collinsss Instagram: @kac56345 Facebook: katie.collins.526
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.