freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

18 Lessons I Learned About Dating In 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Dating isn’t always easy, and the past year was a rough one when it came to catching feelings. Although it’s easy to give up on love, 2018 taught me that it’s more important to learn from each dating experience instead. Here are some of the hard lessons I’ve learned along the way:

1. If he wants to leave, let him.

2. Don’t ask a man to be anything; the right one knows exactly how to act without forcing it.

3. If he wants you, then nothing will keep him away; if he doesn’t want you, then there’s nothing you can do that will make him stay.

4. Never regret being a good woman to the wrong man – it’s his loss.

5. You have to do what’s best for you, even if it means walking away from the one you thought you wanted.

6. Not every guy is a blessing; most will be lessons.

7. Don’t let past dating failures make you give up on love.

8. There will be a lot of men who want you, but make sure to date the one that deserves you.

9. There’s not one man on this planet worth making you feel like you’re not good enough.

10. You’ll make a lot of mistakes but it’s part of the process.

11. The red flags you see at the beginning will be the reasons things won’t work later on – don’t ignore them.

12. Give people chances – you never know who could surprise you.

13. Sometimes you need to listen to your brain, not your heart.

14. But other times, you need to just let your heart take control.

15. Never lower your standards or settle for less because you feel like you have to.

16. Let dating be fun and don’t stress out.

17. You can’t control who you fall for.

18. If it’s meant to be, it will be.

I'm Crystal Moyer and I am currently a senior at Penn State University and I am majoring in English due to my love for all things reading and writing. In my free time you can catch me binge watching Netflix, writing poetry, or spending too much money on makeup and clothes.