14 Things We Learned From Aunt Becky

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Rebecca Donaldson Katsopolis, aka Aunt Becky, may be called the luckiest woman in TV history because she was married to Uncle Jesse (have mercy), but in reality she is one of the best role models to young women of the 1990s. We’ve compiled a list of the best Aunt Becky moments that showed off how powerful, spunky and straight up awesome she was and everything she taught us the in the iconic eight season sitcom.

1. The trick to wearing makeup is to make it look like you aren’t wearing any.

2. To trust your gut and listen to your instincts when choosing between two people you care about.

3. To be there when people need you.

4. How to manage having two kids, a full-time job and still have perfect hair.

5. To marry someone with similar priorities, (perfect hair).

6. To follow your heart by dating a guy in a rock and roll band, with a Harley, tattoos and long hair, even when your parents disagree.

7. That it’s okay to be the main breadwinner in your family. It is 2016 for goodness sake!

8. How to be sweet during the day and a total bad ass at night.

9. The proper way to diet.

10. How to keep a relationship fun after being together for so many years.

11. To be supportive, even when times get bad.

12. To not date a coworker, but go for their relative instead.

13. To never forget where you came from.

14. Most importantly, your family is your family. They will always be there for you and you will always be there for them.

Adrea is a senior at Penn State and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Business, Women's Studies, and International Studies. She also served as a Chapter Advisor for 8 international chapters during her time studying abroad in Florence, Italy. In addition to Her Campus, Adrea is a senior reporter for Penn State's student newspaper, The Daily Collegian, and a contributing writer for Thought Catalog. She is the social media intern for Penn State's Office of Strategic Communications. In the rare time that she's doing something other than writing, she's probably Googling pictures of pugs or consuming an excessive amount of caffeine. Follow her on Twitter: @adreacope