12 Signs You’re Over-involved

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

In college it feels like you’re either not involved in anything outside of class, or you’re in so many things that you barely remember what it was like to once have a social life. Being super involved is a great way to make college your own, boost your resume and meet the friends you’ll keep for ages, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a daily struggle to stay afloat. Here are 12 signs you’re feeling a bit overinvolved this semester.

1. You’re in a serious relationship with your planner.

2. You have friends, but do you ever really see them?

3. You’re only in your apartment to sleep and maybe eat if you have an extra few minutes.

4. You get really stressed out if anyone tries to plan something last minute.

5. The only cardio you get is running from building to building.

6. You don’t know what to do with yourself if one of your meetings is cancelled.

7. Trying to find a time to meet for group projects is nearly impossible for you.

8. Your day starts before 8 a.m. and ends way past your bedtime.

9. If you’re lucky enough to not have a crazy weekend, you refuse to leave your bed.

10. You have a mid-life crisis at least once every week.

11. If you don’t have something to worry about, your mind comes up with 10 things you need to stress over for the next few weeks.

12. You keep finding things you want to join but you have to force yourself not to.

The busier you are, the more prepared you are for your future! But remember collegiettes, life is too short to be busy doing things you don’t love, so make sure your stress is worth it!

Photo Credit: 1

Allie Maniglia served as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Penn State from 2017-2018. She majored in public relations with minors in international studies and communication arts and sciences. If she's not busy writing away, you can find her planning her next adventure (probably back to the U.K.), feeding an unhealthy addiction to HGTV or watching dog videos on YouTube.
Meghan Maffey graduated from the Pennslyvania State University in the Spring of 2017. She graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in English.