12 People You’ll Run Into At A Blue-White Tailgate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

One of the most exciting weekends of the year is finally here, and you can bet the tailgates are going to be lit. We all have our own plans in mind for the big day, but there are certain people we’re all destined to encounter while we have some fun in the sun outside Beaver Stadium. Meet the 12 people you’re bound to run into this Saturday at a Blue-White tailgate. 

1. Drunk dads

Penn State visor. Sunglasses with the wrap-around strap. Khaki shorts. Doing his first beer bong of the day like a champ.

2. Recent grads

Overcome with emotion and excitement about being reunited with their beloved alma mater while proving they can still drink like a college student.

3. Overeaters

So overwhelmed by the tailgate buffet that they could care less about anything else. Most likely devouring an entire plate of buffalo chicken dip.

4. The one who’s never making it into the game

Stumbling, slurring and making a beeline for the porta potties.

5. The girl who clearly forgot her sunscreen

Living in the moment, basking in the sun, completely unaware that she’ll be sporting some serious tanlines the next day.

6. The little kids who think they’re Hack

Future Nittany Lions who like to run around and terrorize college students.

7. The unlucky soul who gets busted by the cops

In tears on the sidewalk coming up with any excuse they can think of to get out of it.

8. The girls who clearly spent hours getting ready

Cut-up tees, high socks, Converse, metallic tattoos, face sticker, hair bow, perfect hair. Can be seen taking way too many selfies.

9. The serious fans

Listening to the radio discussing Franklin, the new recruits and predictions for next season.

10. The perfect moms

Decked out in Penn State gear frantically setting up the perfect tailgate and offering food to every college student that walks by.

11. The friends who don’t even go here

Wearing basically all of your clothes, acting like they don’t actually like Penn State when they’re really having the time of their lives.

12. The soon-to-be grads

Crying into their Solo cups and clearing their schedules for every home football game next fall.

Photo credit: 1

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.