This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

I missed my dog so much while being at school I just had to list 12 days that made me laugh so hard cause my dog was either being her stupid self, or so excited to get a treat or see snow for the first time. She is such a cutie.  I could list more days but we don’t have time for that and I gotta stick to 12 for the holiday spirit!!

1. The first day I brought her home

Seven years ago, I met Bailey and I will never forget how happy she was seeing my whole family and giving her all the attention she deserves.  I will never forget how small she was and how calm she was during the car ride home. Not until we got home, we realized that she was such a troublemaker!

2. The second day she stole a sock

Bailey loves all of her toys, and she has at least 20 because of how spoiled she is! But, when she saw her first sock, that has been the only thing that she has wanted to steal.  Either to get a treat or to get attention, she would love getting chased around with as many socks as she could carry in her mouth. Seven years later, she still knows the secret places we leave socks and where to hide them.   

3. The third day she went to the pet store

The pet store…Bailey’s favorite place.  She was very scared when she first walked into there.  But, after leaving with treats and toys, it has been her favorite place to go since.  

4. The fourth day she went on a walk

Bailey’s first few walks were hard, because she likes to walk you instead of being walked! She tries to chase squirrels, people, dogs, anything breathing.  She has gotten better but whenever you say “Bailey want to go on a walk?” she gets so excited. And after, she gets a treat!

5. The fifth day she opened birthday presents

March 15 is Bailey’s favorite day! Lots of treats and toys because its her special day! She tends to realize it’s her birthday because she always gets extra attention and we wrap her gifts too for her to open.  She loves wrapping paper and getting on the table while we sing happy birthday.  

6. The sixth day she came home from the pet hotel

Bailey isn’t a huge fan of the pet hotel, just because that means we are going on a vacation and she never knows when we’ll be back! But, looking at the pictures the hotel posts, we know she has a great time playing with the other pups! The first time she had no clue what was going on, but whenever she sees the luggage come out, she’s a little sad but also excited to hang out with some dogs.  She is also the most photogenic out of all of them, in my opinion.

7. The seventh day she had a bath

Bailey hates baths.  She could not stop crying when she had her first bath.  Now, she doesn’t mind them as much when we scrub in the soap and give her all the attention.  I always have to make sure I am ready to get wet, cause when she gets out of the bath she doesn’t hesitate to shake a lot to get everyone wet!  Towel or not, she will shake her hair until she’s very dry, or rub her body all over the carpet. As you can tell, she does not want to get dry by the hair dryer.  

8. The eighth day she saw snow

Watching Bailey jump in the snow is hilarious.  She will fall, run in circles, roll around, and she tends to not wanna come back inside.  She also loves to dig holes, enough to start getting to the dirt. At least she will run around in the snow after and get cleaned off! 

9. The ninth day she celebrated Christmas

When the Christmas tree gets put in the living room, Bailey knows what’s coming.  Lots and lots of wrapping paper and lots and lots of toys! I don’t know what she loves more, opening her own toys or everyone else’s.  She loves the surprise of opening a gift and has her own stocking too! At least one of us will get a pair of fuzzy socks in our stocking so she will stick her nose in all of our stockings to double check.  Afterwards, she will always run around with her empty stocking! 

10. The tenth day she got groomed

I love when Bailey gets groomed because she looks so clean and just like when she was a puppy! She loves growing out her winter coat but when it starts to get warm, she loves to show off her haircut!

11. The eleventh day she went to the beach

Bailey loves running in the sand and having the wind blow her hair around…but she won’t go into the water! She is your basic girl who likes to get the sun and would rather sunbathe all day then go run into the water.  

12. The twelfth day I got to see her after being at college

I miss Bailey so much while being away, but the first time I ever got to see her after break was so memorable.  We both cried so much as if we haven’t seen each other for five years. She missed having someone to play with and got way too excited to see me.  This happens every time I come back home and she is always sad when I pack up my luggage to go back to school.  

There are so many more memories that make Bailey herself.  She is the craziest dog I have ever met and still acts like a puppy after seven years! 

Grace Catlett is a senior at Penn State University where she is pursuing a Public Relations major with a minor in Recreation, Parks, and Tourism Management. Since her freshman year, she has been very involved with her sorority, Delta Gamma. She was the director of social events for Delta Gamma and loves event planning! While she loves social media and public relations, her dream job is to become a wedding planner. She also loves fashion and is a TV show enthusiast.
Bailey McBride is a Senior at Penn State University pursuing a Broadcast Journalism degree with minors in Political Science and Digital Media Trends & Analytics. She is a sister of Delta Gamma. She enjoys making hyper-organizational lists and looking at future pups to adopt. Her dream job is to be Press Secretary of the White House.