This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Though we’re still mourning the end of summer, the red leaves and orange pumpkins are just begging to be photographed. Needless to say, we all find excuses to take pictures of anything and everything fall-like. And, of course, all these pics must go on Instagram. 

Here are 11 pics you Instagram in the fall:

1. The Leaves Pic

This is basically always everyone’s first fall Instagram pic. As soon as the leaves start changing and falling, you have photoshoots with your friends. It’s a great way to kick off the fall Instagram season!

2. The Fall Fashion Pic

Our favorite stores just got new lines of flannels, infinity scarves and riding boots – so obviously we have to update our wardrobes. And what better way to show off our new fall clothing than a cute Insta?

3. The Football Season Pic

Fall means football season! From friends and family to tailgates and school spirit, there’s just something about game day that we have to Instagram … even if it rains.

4. The Sunset Pic

Yes, there are sunsets year-round, but there’s something about the trees, the chilly evenings and the colored sky that’s too good to ignore. Snap a pic. Share the beauty.

5. The Halloween Pic

This one is self-explanatory. Whether you go all out for Halloweekend or just attend one party, a Halloween Instagram always makes the cut.

6. The Comfy Cozy Pic

A cup of coffee plus your fave Netflix show along with a cozy blanket equals a relaxing, much-needed night in. So throw on your favorite sweats, snap a pic and show off just how much cozier you are than all of your followers. Then, snuggle in and watch Grey’s all night.

7. The #Tbt to Summer Pic

You’re starting to lose your tan, you wear more sweaters and your nose is always cold. You miss the sun, sand and surfing – it’s #tbt time!

8. The Pumpkin Pic

Whether you’re picking or carving, the pumpkin pic is mandatory because, come on, the pumpkin is a fall staple. Everything has pumpkins on it and is pumpkin-flavored – we’re basically drowning in pumpkins. Let your Instagram embrace the pumpkin.

9. The Thanksgiving Feast Pic

You’ve been living off of water and ramen for months. Now, in this glorious weeklong break, you get a homemade meal. Not only that, but it’s a Thanksgiving meal. The table looks so pretty that you have to snap a pic before digging in!

10. The Being-Reunited-With-Your-Pet-Over-Break Pic

After months of separation, you finally get to see your furry little friend again. It’ll be great to see friends and family, but – let’s be real – you missed your pet the most. You have to post an Insta just to use the hashtag #ReunitedAndItFeelsSoGood.

11. The PSL Pic

Do we really have to explain this one?

Happy fall, collegiettes! May the likes be ever in your favor.

Photo credit: 1

Jess Cartwright is a freshman at Pennsylvania State University and a writer for Her Campus Penn State. She is currently in the College of Communications and plans to major in photojournalism. Jess has published short stories through her creative writing class in high school, and she has published a blog post through her summer job with Eastern National. She hopes to work on her writing skills and experience writing for an online magazine by being involved with Her Campus. One day, Jess hopes to be a photojournalist for a travel magazine, or, if she’s lucky enough, be a photographer for National Geographic. 
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.