Top 10 Movies to Binge Watch on Valentine’s Day!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

If you plan to stay in the residence halls this Valentine’s Day, take a few hours to binge on some of your favorite love stories! Instead of laying around and moping, use this time to look back on some of the best hook-ups and break-ups with your favorite stars! Some are a little older and the others are more modern. Whatever your preference may be, one of these top 10 films will be sure to satisfy your mood on Valentine’s Day!

1. The Notebook

Everyone loves the love that Noah and Allie had in this Nicholas Sparks classic! This is must-see if you’re going to indulge in a 24 hour movie binge!

2. Love & Basketball

Sports and love collide in this must-see film! Who doesn’t enjoy watching young love turn into heartbreak and then love all over again! Your heart will melt as you watch one of the last scenes. “All’s fair in love and basketball!”

3. Romeo & Juliet

Take some time to indulge in one of Shakespeare’s greatest tragedies in the modernized version! Leonardo DiCaprio stars as Romeo, and you surely won’t be disappointed, because well, it’s Leo!

4. The Longest Ride

Nicholas Sparks never lets us down. This is the most recent novel that became one of the best romantic films to date! The mix between old and new love will have you gushing the entire time!

5. P.S. I Love You

Tears and laughter is what you can expect when you watch this film! Witness a relationship from beginning to end (literally) in this classic film filled with love letters and hope!

6. Beyond the Lights

You’ll probably do a standing ovation after seeing this film! When a pop star and her bodyguard who saved her fall in love without considering the consequences of their futures, it’s only necessary to assume this will end with an unexpected happy ending!

7. Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Who wouldn’t want to witness the birth of Brangelina!? Their chemistry in this film is just as strong as the one in real life!

8. Friends with Benefits

No, we’re not necessarily condoning a “friends with benefits” fling, but this movie starring Justin Timberlake will become one of your favs to watch for great laughs and just an excuse to stare at him the entire time!

9. Focus

Most probably wouldn’t expect this film to turn out as a love story, but it is! Will Smith’s character will do anything to both ruin and repair his love affair with leading lady, Margot Robbie!

10. The Ugly Truth

Not up for the typical love story? Then you’ll absolutely adore this romantic comedy when Katherine Heigl receives relationship advice from Gerald Butler’s character who wants absolutely nothing to do with love!

Bree McKenney is a senior Professional Writing major at Penn State Berks. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Berks and she's also involved in the Blue&White Society. In addition to that, she is currently an RA, Peer Mentor, Multicultural Mentor, and a S.A.I.L. Mentor. She loves fashion and has been writing style blogs for Her Campus for a year now.