etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Tips to Snag the Perfect Summer Job

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

As the end of the semester closes in, there’s one thing besides finals on everyone’s minds – summer jobs. This article will give you all the tips you need to find a job and one that suits you best!

1. Make sure to fill out all your applications completely.

Applications ask for a lot of information so make sure when you fill them out, you fill them out completely and correctly!

2. Don’t undersell yourself!

A job application and an interview are the only times where it’s socially acceptable to brag, so don’t let that opportunity go to waste! Employers want to know what makes you right for their job, so make sure they know exactly what sets you apart from their other candidates.

3. Let your personality!

Remember, the interview process begins as soon as you turn in your application, so turn it in with a smile and confident tone to your voice. Your outgoing nature will make it more likely for you to get a call for an interview, so it isn’t the time to be shy!

The most important thing with getting a job is to put your best self forward and not be nervous. If you keep those things in mind, finding a summer job should not be difficult at all. Good luck!

Meredith is a sophomore Communications, Arts, and Sciences major at Penn State Berks.
Bree McKenney is a senior Professional Writing major at Penn State Berks. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Berks and she's also involved in the Blue&White Society. In addition to that, she is currently an RA, Peer Mentor, Multicultural Mentor, and a S.A.I.L. Mentor. She loves fashion and has been writing style blogs for Her Campus for a year now.