Spring 2014 Fashion Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

Spring is right around the corner! It’s time to start thinking about what new trends are happening, and what trends have made a come back. These top 5 styles are the highest demanding fashions of this upcoming spring ‘14 season. Make room in your closet and save those checks!

1. FloralThis trend has been around for a while and has yet to disappear! Floral especially on dresses are perfect for the spring weather. Top it off with a light-weight jean jacket and simple accessories and your springtime ready!

FOREVER 21 Field of Daisies Dress, $19.80

2. Bright and Bold Colors: This season, don’t be afraid to make a statement with bold and bright colors! These types of colors are definitely trending this season. It gives off a playful and friendly vibe, and you will be the center of attention everywhere you go!

LULU’s Give It Your All Mint Green Pants, $48

3. Denim Overalls: This old school trend has made its comeback! You can style this piece in practically any way! Pair it with a cute crop top underneath and you’re good to go!

MACY’S American Rag Juniors Overalls, Sleeveless Denim $62

4. Printed Shorts: We’ve seen different prints in pants during the fall season, but now it has transitioned over to shorts for spring! Printed shorts will be perfect to wear at concerts or festivals this season. Wear it with a cute pair of sandals and you’re festival ready!

FOREVER 21 Geo Print Dolphin Shorts, $14.80

5. Kimono Cardigans: This hot new trend is taking over spring! It has even been seen on the runway in a GUCCI fashion show! They vary in style: sheer, printed, floral etc. Hurry and get yours now, because they are definitely in high demand this season!

LOVECULTURE Paisley Garden Kimono, $26.95

Bree McKenney is a senior Professional Writing major at Penn State Berks. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Berks and she's also involved in the Blue&White Society. In addition to that, she is currently an RA, Peer Mentor, Multicultural Mentor, and a S.A.I.L. Mentor. She loves fashion and has been writing style blogs for Her Campus for a year now.
Ashley is a senior professional writing major at Penn State.