This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

This week’s campus cutie is a sophomore biochemistry major who plays the guitar and is obsessed with giggling. If you’ve had your eye on this girl then you’re in luck – she’s single but you might have to compete for her attention because this cutie is highly involved with on-campus activities. Not only is she on the THON executive board but she’s also involved in cheerleading, is a teaching assistant, peer mentor and an orientation leader. Sammi is an outgoing, kind-hearted and appreciative girl whose favorite movie is “Grease” and who wishes to have the ability to fly. She has big dreams of becoming a superstar but would be just as happy working as a PA in the Pediatric Cancer wing at Hershey Medical. Learn more about Sammi below!

The Basics

Name: Sammi Gerhard

Major/Year: Biochemistry, Sophomore

Birthday: October 13, 1995

Hometown: Ambler

Relationship Status: single

Love Life

What do you look for in a significant other: Obviously a sense of humor, someone who will test my thoughts and opinions nicely, someone to keep me on my toes and keep me entertained. Someone who is family-oriented and not afraid to push me. Someone who will surprise me and at the end of the day, love me for the imperfect human I am.

Describe your perfect date: haha, the whole thing would be a surprise. He would start by barging into my room when he knows I am not busy and stealing me away from the world. From there, as long as he is the one I want to spend that time with, it wouldnt matter to me what we do or where we go, as long as it is together:)

Advice for Berks ladies/gents: Don’t be afraid to talk to that “crush!” If you think someone is cute say it nonchalantly in a silly little conversation with them…remember ALL relationships start with just two tiny letters: hi.   

More About Sammi

Why you chose to attend PSU Berks: The family atmosphere

Something on your bucket list: Travel the world mainly in Africa and Europe.

Favorite quote: “You can let your smile change the world, but never let the world change your smile.”

If you had one wish what would it be: To touch the lives of all I  come across in my time and space. To make them happy if even for a moment and to leave a good, lasting impression on them.

One thing most people don’t know about you: I may be loud and outgoing, but very few ever see the real inside workings of Sammi. It takes years for me to truly open up to anyone about my life, my past and every present feelings.

What do you think is the meaning of life: There is none. There is no set meaning to life. That is what life purely is. Life is here for each of us to make it our own in this world, to make our smiles leave an imprint, for us to find our own meaning of being alive and breathing everyday we are blessed to inhale. Our meaning may differ from every soul, but it is every soul’s  responsibility to only better, support, and help those around us to find their own true meaning to life as well, just as they should do to us.

Follus us @HCpsuBerks
Kristy is a senior at Penn State Berks.