The Roommate Book

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

The Roommate Book by Becky Simpson discussed ways to have a memorable experience while you have roommates. The author has lived with nineteen different roommates and prides herself for liking all of them. The book isn’t specifically geared towards college living but talks more about entering adult life. It outlines ways to share food and make memories. It doesn’t discuss what to do if you have issues, just how to have fun.

It was a good full of ideas if you live with a roommate, or roommates. I live at home and I’m an only child. I’ve never had to share things with people. In that respect, it was strange for me to read because I couldn’t connect with it. However, there was some things that I cracked up at.

The Fireplace

I really want to make  a paper one now.

Same Pants

This reminded me of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!! I also always wanted a sister so I could share her clothes (but not the other way around) and thought about height differences.

Cockroach is here

Yes! It depends on the type of bug as to whether I will kill it. I usually tell someone else where the bug is and let them do the killing. I have went after a grasshopper with a shoe (long story), but generally I let other people do the killing and the removal.

A Case for Blanket Forts

I’ve wanted to make one in adult life for a couple of years. I want to write under one.

Overall, it was interesting. The quotes and pictures made the book.

Megan Antosy is a junior at Penn State Berks double majoring in Business with an option in Marketing and Management, and Professional writing. She also has minors in Entrepreneurship and Women's Studies. When she isn't busy writing or editing articles for HC, you can find her on the beach, reading a book, taking a nap, or drinking tea. She is also Co-CC.