President of PSU4Kids: Jessica Hartman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is PSU 4 Kids co-president: Jessica Hartman. After graduation, she plans on attending graduate school to get her masters degree in special education – which she’ll most likely get at Penn State because she’s not sure she wants to leave such a great community. This compassionate and caring education major is making a difference through PSU 4 Kids and Camp Noah so it only makes sense that her favorite quote is this: “We never know which lives we influence, or when or why.” If she could have dinner with one person it would be William Shakespeare, not only because she’s a big fan of his work but because she’d like to prove to all the non-Shakespeare believers that he’s real. But this campus celebrity doesn’t just read, she writes too: she’s had four poems published, one of which was in a very competitive book called “Who’s Who Poetry” and she’s written a novella, titled “Emily” – click here to check it out! Jessica is full of wisdom, when asked what she’d do if she knew she wouldn’t fail, she said: “I wouldn’t want to have this option because I feel like in life you are supposed to fail in order to learn.” Read the rest of the interview below to learn more about this campus celebrity and PSU 4 KIDS!

The Basics

Name: Jessica Hartman

Year: Junior

Major: Early Childhood Education, Pre-K-4 Option

Hometown: Leesport, PA

On-Campus Activities: co- president of PSU 4 Kids and Camp Noah

As co-president, what are your responsibilites: As a Co-President, I share the responsibilities of making sure all of my officers are staying up to date with their duties. I also help to fill out any necessary forms needed for events and even help to determine what our funds go towards. Also, just in general I help to oversee the club and run meetings.More About You

What’s something on your bucket list: I have a lot of things on my bucket list, so this is hard. I want to travel the world and see countries such as Italy and Germany. I’m also all about having a fun time, so I want to be that crazy old lady in the nursing home that has wheel chair races.

If you could do one thing without failing what would it be: I wouldn’t want to have this option because I feel like in life you are supposed to fail in order to learn.

If you could have one superpower what would it be: I would want to be able to teleport myself to where-ever I wanted to go.

What do you think is the meaning of life: 42…. Just kidding, I think that the meaning of life is to show those around you that compassion and kindness exist. I think that the goal in life is to learn how to be accepting and tolerant of all of the people that surround you, and to embrace yourself in every experience possible. Take risks and don’t be afraid to fail because without failure, learning does not occur.

Camp Noah team in Newtown, CT (2013)

To find out more about PSU 4 Kids read Club Spotlight: PSU 4 Kids!
Follus us @HCpsuBerks
Kristy is a senior at Penn State Berks.