In Honor of Black History Month: 3 Most Popular African American Supermodels!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

In honor of Black History Month, I wanted to take a quick look back at our culture in the fashion industry. I love fashion, and I want to dedicate this blog to any aspiring models or current models! Here’s a little tribute to a few of the pros! 

Beverly Johnson: Today, she is known as the first African American Supermodel and became known with her Vogue cover in 1974! She is now 62-years-old and still fabulous!

Donyale Luna: This legend took the fashion world by storm when she graced the cover of British Vogue in 1966.

Iman: Remember Michael Jacksons’s Remember the Time video? Well, the queen was played by supermodel Iman! She also appeared in Vogue in 1976.

Bree McKenney is a senior Professional Writing major at Penn State Berks. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Berks and she's also involved in the Blue&White Society. In addition to that, she is currently an RA, Peer Mentor, Multicultural Mentor, and a S.A.I.L. Mentor. She loves fashion and has been writing style blogs for Her Campus for a year now.