Earth Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

Image by Pixabay

Need some idea to celebrate Earth Day?

1. Go march

Today is the Scientist’s March!! Go support them any way you can! They are trying to save the Earth, and save us as well. They also just want to be able to continue to find answers to our problems.

1. Do a beach cleanup

If you’re lucky enough to be near a beach, pick up trash. It’s early in the season, so the beach shouldn’t be too dirty, but every little bit helps. Trash on the beach eventually winds up in the ocean or in an animal. I have been on the beach when medical waste has washed up. Trust me, you don’t want to be faced with that.

1. Clean somewhere else

It’s Earth Day, you can get creative. Cleaning your room totally counts, because your room is your environment. Cleaning parks is another good way to help your environment. Even if you don’t think you live near water, the trash is going to end up there someday.

Happy Earth Day!

Megan Antosy is a junior at Penn State Berks double majoring in Business with an option in Marketing and Management, and Professional writing. She also has minors in Entrepreneurship and Women's Studies. When she isn't busy writing or editing articles for HC, you can find her on the beach, reading a book, taking a nap, or drinking tea. She is also Co-CC.