30 Reasons to Fall in Love with Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

1.     Sweater weather. There is something special about sweaters, especially in the fall. It has all the coziness of a sweatshirt but at the same time you can still dress it up and make it super cute.

2.      Football season is back. And that also means tailgating is too.

3.  Fresh smell of chill is in the air. Fall is when you can walk outside and get that invigorating chill. You can breathe in that crisp autumn air and still have the sun warm your skin at the same time.

4.     Boots, boots and some more boots! Boots are the perfect fall essential. They look great with everything whether you dress them up or down.

5.     Pumpkin Spice Coffee. No explanation needed.

6.     Pumpkin Spice Everything Else. No really you can get everything pumpkin spice in the fall. From beer, to vodka, to muffins, to yogurt, to candy and to even condoms (yeah, I wasn’t kidding when I said everything) you will be sure to walk into any store and load up on everything pumpkin spice.

7.  Hay rides and haunted houses- for those of you who actually find entertainment in getting the pants scared off of you.

8.   Oktoberfest. Whether you have German heritage in you or are just proud to take in the fun, Oktoberfest events will be kicking off from late September into October across the country.

9.     Pumpkin picking- it is the perfect fall activity that is fun for every one of all ages. The best part is being able to carve it after!

10.  No humidity. You can actually be outside and not sweat your face off.

11.  Breast Cancer awareness month. Make sure you wear your pink all throughout the month of October to raise awareness for a good cause.

12.  Thanksgiving. The one of the few times of the year everyone comes together with his or her family to celebrate in unison. And not to mention stuff their faces with all that delicious food.

13.  Daylight Savings. You can finally get that extra beauty sleep.

14.     Apple picking. It is a fun, wholesome activity you can do with family or friends. And you get to eat the delicious apples you pick and nobody says no to eating.

15.  Fall scents. You can get candles in scents such as apple pie, autumn leaves, pumpkin, apple cider, cranberry, etc. I get excited just talking about them.

16.  Cuddle Weather.  Even if you don’t have a significant other you can always snuggle up next to your pet or favorite stuffed animal.

17.     Hocus Pocus.This a no brainer about why this movie makes the list. I mean come on, who doesn’t love this movie. It’s perfect.

18.  Fires- whether it is a bonfire or fireplace it’s the perfect place to cuddle up next to on those chilly fall nights.

19.  Hot chocolate/apple cider. Who doesn’t enjoy these warm drinks when the temperature starts to go down? Better yet enjoy them in front of a fire.

20.  13 nights of Halloween on ABC Family.

21.     HALLOWEEN.  The one time of the year you can dress up and act like a kid again.

22.  No shave November. For all you gals out there that love seeing a man with a beard.

23.  Halloween Oreos. The best snack to munch on during fall.

24.  Hockey Season is almost back. For all you diehard hockey fans your season is just around the corner.

25.  Scarves. They are the perfect accessories to add a bit of flare to a plain colored shirt.

26.  Halloween candy, especially candy corn!

27.  T.V. shows are back on air. From the new season of American Horror Story to Awkward you can find a variety of shows to watch this fall.

28.  Perfect running/walking weather. If you love running or walking Fall is the ideal season to do it in.

29.  Leaves. Fall is arguably one of the prettiest seasons. Take a hike or walk to enjoy the canopy of red, gold orange leaves. You will be sure to be enchanted by the beauty of fall.

30.  Did I mention Pumpkin Spice Everything?

Nicollette is a Senior at Penn State Berks and a contributing writer for HerCampus. She is majoring in Journalism and minoring in Business. When she isn't busy running with the cross country team you can find her dreaming about traveling the world, reading, doing yoga, binge watching Netflix or eating unhealthy amounts of peanut butter. She hopes to move down South one day working for a major media outlet. If you want to know more about Nicollette you can follow her on Twitter (@nic_biscanti) or Instagram (@nic_biscan)
Kristy is a senior at Penn State Berks.