3 Hot Spots to Heat up Your Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

The semester may have just started, but I know what every collegiette at Berks has on her mind: spring break! While you sit in your classes all bundled up to beat the cold outside, you’re dreaming of a warm, sunny day at the beach with your girls and drinks in hand. While the average temperature in Pennsylvania is 55 degrees in March, some of the best spring break spots are heating up to the mid 80s. Think you can take the heat? Here’s a look at the 5 best spring break spots:

1)   Panama City Beach, Florida

It’s no surprise that Panama City Beach is at the top of the list; it’s been the spring break hot spot for years! Every year thousands of college students make the trip down to sunny Florida to enjoy what Panama City Beach has to offer. There are multiple places to stay, eat, drink, and of course, party all night long. Want to stay in the #1 PCB spring break hotel? Book your room at The Chateau Hotel, where the parties go on all night long! Feeling like dancing the night away with your girlfriends at the LARGEST nightclub in the U.S.? Look no further than Club La Vela. It has 11 theme rooms, 48 bar stations, and holds over 6,000 people! Want to grab a burger and a drink but you don’t want to leave the beach? You don’t have to! Walk on over to Harpoon Harry’s, also known as “The College Bar on the Beach”.  And ladies, a trip is not complete without some shopping! Make your way to Pier Park which offers 124 stores! Not to mention, some of the hottest celebrities in the music industry will be performing live during each designated spring break week! (And let’s be honest, who wouldn’t want Luke Bryan to shake it for them?) If you still aren’t convinced, head over to http://pcbeachspringbreak.com/ and I guarantee you’ll be booking your flight to Florida within minutes!

2)   Cancun, Mexico

If you’re looking to travel outside of the country for your spring break trip, Cancun, Mexico is the place to go. Amazing excursions, plenty of places to party, beautiful beaches, who could say no? There are plenty of hotels to choose from, including Dos Playas, said to be one of the best spring break beaches in Cancun, Gran Caribe Real, which has an AMAZING beachfront view, and Oasis Cancun, where most spring breakers like to stay because it’s close to all nightlife. If clubbing is a must check out The City, which is the largest club in Cancun holding approximately 5,000 people each night! This club also has a concert series, and who doesn’t want to dance to live music from artists like Fergie and Akon? Another club to check out is Dady’O, holding up to 4,000 people and featuring top DJs to make your night of dancing epic. Feeling like taking a break from the partying and dancing? Book an excursion! From swimming with dolphins to going on a jungle tour, the possibilities are endless. With day parties, tons of nightclubs, shopping, and plenty of restaurants to choose from, there’s no way your spring break will be boring if you decide to spend it in Cancun, Mexico. Feel like planning your trip? Visit http://www.studentcity.com/college/spring-break-cancun where you can organize your trip and get the best for your money!

3) South Padre Island, Texas

I know what you’re thinking: “Spring Break in Texas? No way.” It may not be the tropical spring break feel that you’re thinking of,  but South Padre Island is quickly becoming a spring break hot spot for college students throughout the country! It’s said to be the #1 spring break spot in the South, they have amazing beaches where you can party, dance, and drink the night away, AND they’re the lowest priced destination for spring break! (And who doesn’t love to save money?) When booking your trip, you have some options: hotel or condo? There’s over 20 hotels to choose from, including Saida Royale, which is said to be party central during spring break and is also where you can stay if you book your trip through Student City! If you’re feeling more like a condo, there’s over 20 of those too with locations on the beach, on the bay, and on the inner island. Ready to party? You have plenty of places to choose from! Louie’s Backyard, Club Chaos, and Tequila Sunset are among the best places to dance and drink until the wee hours of the morning. Each offers live music and DJs, and Louie’s Backyard has fun contests along with bungee jumping and go kart racing on site! Getting hungry? South Padre Island has got you covered with many places to choose from ranging from American to Mexican to Italian and even sushi! If you’re looking to wind down from partying, be sure to check out Schlitterbahn, an indoor beach resort waterpark featuring two 70 foot tall slides and plenty of pools for you to lounge and relax in! You can also hit up the beach and partake in some water sport activities or take a dolphin watch tour. South Padre Island has plenty to offer a spring breaker, so be sure to visit http://beyourself.sopadre.com/2013/home/ or http://www.studentcity.com/college/spring-break-south-padre to book your trip today!

Lauren is a Journalism major studying at Penn State Berks for the first two years of college, then at Temple University the remaining two. She's a native of Lancaster, Pa and hopes to live in New York City after graduating. In the future, she plans to incorporate a minor of Music Technology and gear her career toward music journalism. She enjoys writing lyrics and poetry in her spare time, and works at Victoria's Secret PINK.