15 Creative Disney Halloween Costumes Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

Anyone and everyone can buy a Disney princess costume for Halloween, but if you want to be original, you have to think outside the box a bit. There are plenty of ways to tweak a costume to put your own twist on the original designs. Here are some ideas to get you started:

Individual Costumes

Darla from “Finding Nemo”

Secondary characters are always an interesting way to go and as far as secondary characters go few are scarier than Darla from Finding Nemo.

Russell From “UP”

Just imagine going trick or treating as Russel from Up. Every time someone opens the door you can quote the movie and say, “Good Afternoon. My name is Russell. And I’m a Wilderness Explorer in tribe 54, sweat lodge 12. Are you in need of any assistance today, sir?

The Pixar Lamp

You can get even more obscure and creative by using well-known Disney objects like the Pixar lamp. While you’re at it, think of some other Pixar short’s characters.

Penny from “Proud Family”

If you’re still stuck for ideas, don’t forget that Disney has a whole channel of TV shows to draw from. You can get the 90’s kids feeling nostalgic by dressing up as characters from old TV shows such as Penny from the Proud Family.

Ariel from “The Little Mermaid”

Another way to get around using the same costumes as everyone else, is by tweaking the style and personality of the character. You can make them into a hipster, steampunk, zombie, or anything out of their normal personality.

Couple Costumes

Kronk and Ezma from “Emperor’s New Groove”

If you’re looking for interesting ideas for couples costumes, why not try Kronk and Ezma from Emperor’s New Groove? After all, it is Halloween and Ezma is “scary beyond all reason.”  Also if people refuse to give you candy because you’re too old to trick or treat, you can always plot to “turn them into a flea, a harmless little flea . . .”

Lumiere and Fifi from “Beauty and the Beast”

Lumiere and Fifi make a great costume choice for the romantic couple. With such a unique costume, lots of people are sure to be asking you to “be their guest.”

Lilo and Stitch from “Lilo and Stitch”

Why not give people a taste of warm weather and sunshine by dressing up as Lilo and Stich? You can also make a Lilo’s doll scrubs or carry around a pickle jar with spoons decorated to look like your friends.

Mary Poppins and Bert from “Mary Poppins”

Need an excuse to talk in a British accent? Why not try dressing up as Mary Poppins and Bert. You can go around and encourage people to eat candy as a “spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.”
Mike and Sully from “Monsters Inc.”

Dress like Mike and Sully from Monsters Inc. and you’ll have an excuse to go around scaring people all night. If you’re up for it you can also go around with a yellow canister to collect the screams. You can also have Mike carry around a bar code or logo to cover their face.

Group Costumes

“Toy Story”

If you have a group of people who want to go out together, why not try some of the characters from Toy Story. You have numerous characters to pick from. Just don’t forget to write Andy on the bottom of your shoes!

“Wreck It Ralph”

What better way to celebrate Halloween than to dress up as characters from a game called Sugar Rush? Wreck-It-Ralph and Fix-It-Felix are also a great choice for those who are into video games.

PNK Sorority from “Monsters University”

If you’re in a sorority and are looking for an idea for you and your sisters to dress up as, why not choose the PNK sorority girls from Monsters University? This way you can show your unity and still be unique at the same time.

Quailman, Skeeter and Pattie from “Doug”

This costume is one to make some think to figure out who you are. It’s Quailman, Skeeter and Pattie from Disney’s Doug.

The Hitchhiking Ghosts from the “Haunted Mansion”

Don’t forget to use the theme parks as inspiration as well. You can try being a “grim grinning ghost” and play tricks on your friends all night.

Hi, I'm Erin Bradley. Part of your average Her Campus family. I got an editor, a publisher, and . . . a photographer. These are my articles. I wrote them and my photos . . . they found me. About our staff. It writes because we publish all over the world. You see, I write my articles and . . . my editor edits them. Okay, so this bio isn't average, but between you and me something amazing happened . . . and now I can talk to paper! It's pretty cool and totally secret. And you know what? Life will never be the same. [Editor Screams] AHHH!  (My parody of  Wild Thornberry's Intro)
Kristy is a senior at Penn State Berks.