12 Songs That Let You Know It’s All Going To Be Okay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

Every once in a while I need some reassurance that I’m doing okay. When my doubts set in, I put on this playlist. These songs calm me down, tell me that everything is going to be alright and reassure me that I got this.

1. “Sunrise” by Our Last Night

Key lyrics: “You can make it to the sunrise”

You ever just lay in bed, staring at the dark ceiling because you can’t sleep and then suddenly the only thing you can think about is everything that is wrong with your life? This song will remind you that you’re not alone and yes, in fact, you will make it to the sunrise – and through whatever is keeping you awake.

2. “Let It Be” by The Beatles

Key lyrics: “There will be an answer / let it be” 

“Let it be” is a personal mantra of mine. I tend to work things up and worry so this song reminds me to just let it be because it will work out.

Click here to listen to the “Across the Universe” version – I’m obsessed.

3. “Lift Me Up” by Kate Voegele

Key lyrics: “…a day will come when the fight is won”

No matter how hard life seems, it’s important to know that it won’t always be this way. A day will come when your fight has been won.

4. “Safe & Sound” by Taylor Swift ft The Civil Wars

Key lyrics: “Just close your eyes / the sun is going down / you’ll be alright / no one can hurt you now / come morning light / you and I’ll be safe and sound”

When my mind is racing, this song puts me at peace and allows me to get some shuteye. Just close your eyes, breathe and believe that you’ll be alright.

5. “The Great Escape” by P!nk

Key lyrics: “I’m terrified of the dark / but not if you go with me”

While you may be someone who keeps everything inside, telling someone about your troubles can be beneficial and help you through your tough time.

Key lyrics: “The passion and the pain are gonna keep us alive someday”

What you’re going through is not for nothing.  Pay attention, you may find that there are benefits to feeling too much.

6. “Details in the Fabric” by Jason Mraz

Key lyrics: “If it’s a broken part – replace it / if it’s a broken arm then brace it / if it’s a broken heart then face it”

Nothing is ever irreparably broken. With some tender love and care or acceptance, you’ll see things will be looking up in no time.

7. “Skyscraper” by Demi Lovato

Key lyrics: “Go on and try to tear me down / I will be rising from the ground / like a skyscraper”

This song is an added confidence boost. Sing along and try to truly mean it and you’ll start to feel unstoppable. Not even the haters who try to tear you down will be able to stop you from rising above.

8. “The Sun is Rising” by Britt Nicole

Key lyrics: ” You’re gonna make it / the night can only last for so long”

I’ve found that what seems awful in the dead of night is actually harmless in the morning light. So when you feel like the night is never-ending, just know you’re going to make it because the night can only last for so long.

9. “Porcelain” by Marianas Trench

Key lyrics: “It’s alright if you don’t know what you need”

If you don’t have someone there to tell you it’s alright, this song will. Listen to it and feel the pressure lift off your chest as you realize that it’s alright you don’t have everything together and it’s alright that you don’t know what you need.

10. “Human” by Christina Perri

Key lyrics: “But I’m only human and I bleed when I fall down”

It’s important to remember that you are only human – not superhuman. You are not built to handle loads and loads of stress. So when you falter under life’s demands – you will fall down and you will bleed, but that’s okay, after all, you’re only human.

11. “Never Look Back” by Zach Berkman

Key lyrics: “And crash like a wave / ’cause a wave needs to crash”

When you keep it all inside, everything starts to build up like a tidal wave just waiting to break. Make sure you do that every once in a while – crash – by crash I mean let it all out and let it all go.

12. “Okay” by Backhouse Mike

Key lyrics: “There’s things that I could say / but hear it my way / I want to let you know that it’s all okay”

Nothing in this article really matters except this: know that it’s going to be okay. Maybe not now, but it will get better and when it does you’ll look back glad you didn’t give up.

Kristy is a senior at Penn State Berks.