etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why Spring Break Sucks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Let’s be honest, all breaks are hard to come back from, but returning from spring break is probably the hardest. Chances are you were off adventuring with some of your favorite people in a warm place, so you got a glimpse of what lies ahead of you… summer! But before you prepare for some time away from school soaking up the sun for three months, you have to come back to the cold reality that is your life. You have to make it through these last few weeks with the same amount of determination (and a little bit more caffeine) than you hadthe first half of the semester. Not to worry, Collegiettes, we’re here to give you tips to make sure that you end the semester just as strong as you started it!

1. Make a to-do list 

We know you have a packed schedule and wouldn’t want to let anything slip through the cracks. Write it down… even the small things (crossing things off is the best part).

2. Make a “game plan” and set goals 

Use your new to-do list to figure out some short-term goals to finish the semester strong, and make a plan for how you’re going to go about achieving them. 

3. Review your notes/finish up any last-minute homework assignments 

All that sunshine and Netflix has left your brain feeling a little muddled. Go through your notes and knock out that forgotten assignment so you come back to classes feeling updated, refreshed, and on your A-Game!

4. Clean!

Clean your room, your car, and even your backpack! Being surrounded by clean spaces will help you focus. 

5. Don’t forget to take breaks! 

We know you want to own the last few weeks of spring semester, but you still need some time to enjoy yourself. Hang out with your friend, binge on Netflix and pizza, have a spa day, anything you can think of! 

You work hard to be as successful as you are, Collegiettes! We want you to succeed in all that you do, so get out there and make this semester your best one yet (until the next one rolls around!) HCXO

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Nicole Norfolk

PS Behrend '18

Nicole is on her victory lap at Penn State Behrend and is looking forward to graduating with a degree in Communication and Media Studies. In her (limited) spare time, Nicole enjoys reading and binging on the latest Netflix shows. She also manages multiple social media accounts for local organizations and is an opinion editor for Behrend's newspaper. When she isn't downing margaritas, she is usually stressing about what it is she wants to do with her life after she graduates... if you have any suggestions, DM her some ideas for her to kill time with when she becomes an official adult in December. Twitter @nicolenorfolk Instagram @nicolenorfolk
Lexie is a senior communication major at Penn State Erie, The Behrend College, specializing in public relations, advertising and social media. She has coined herself as a monogram enthusiast, an unapologetic cat fanatic and a passionate feminist. Lexie started the Her Campus chapter at her school in hopes to leave behind something special to the place that has given her so much. She believes in the power of the written word, a timeless handbag and practicing reckless optimism. To feed her social media addiction, follow her on Twitter and Instagram @leckseepelchen