This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I am pumped for the fall. I mean yeah, summer is great and all but I mean pumpkin spice lattes and most importantly, AMERICAN HORROR STORY PREMIERS.

Okay okay, I’m good, I just want to binge on those 10-13 episodes of season 9 and avoid my responsibilities, you feel me?

So the main concern, is this going to be the last season of AHS?

And lucky it is not! AHS season 10 has already been renewed so it will be back in 2020.

Who is returning and who is new?

Returning: Sarah Paulson (yassss, kween) and Emma Roberts (oof, I love Emma, guys c’mon). It is also likely that Billie Lourd, Leslie Grossman, Billy Eichner, and Adina Porter will be seamlessly involved in this season. In addition, Lily Rabe and Kathy Bates might make an appearance as well.  

Source

Olympic silver medalist, Gus Kenworthy, will be a new character on the show and I don’t know about you but I am so pumped. HE IS SO DREAMY and my ovaries have left the building….too much? Okay, anyways, I’m sure he will make a great asset to the show.

Source

Who is not returning this season?

Despite her short-lived guest appearance, it is probably a good guess that Jessica Lange will not be coming back. She’s getting older and has been on the show for countless seasons, so understandably she might need a break. We’ll miss her sassy and cool personality every season but hey, you do you, Jessica Lange. Besides, you are the Jessica Lange.

On another note, I am disappointed that Evan Peters will be taking his first season break. I might have shed a tear or two at that statement but then I read his reasoning and then I’m like okay Evan, please take time to yourself. Peters told GQ, “it’s been all a massive stretch for me and really difficult to do… it’s hurting my soul and Evan as a person. There’s this massive amount of rage that’s been called upon from me, and the emotional stuff that’s been called on me for Pose (the other show he is involved with) has been heartbreaking, and I’m sick. I don’t feel good”.

Source

So, what’s the plot?

In April, Murphy shared the theme and title of the show. Season 9 will be called 1984 and the teaser trailer had a female running through the woods to escape a mystery man. She seeks shelter in a small cabin but then a knife slashes through the door. Above all of this, they had Billie Eilish’s song “Six Feet Under” in the background with the lyrics “help, I lost myself again, but I remember you. Don’t come back, it won’t end well. But I wish you’d tell me too. Our love is six feet under, I can’t help but wonder if our grave was watered… bloom”.  And with Murphy being the genius he is, those lyrics is to attract a younger and hip audience but have meaning in it. So, I can’t wait to decipher those lyrics throughout the show. If you ask me, the scary guy chasing the woman in the woods knows her and that this won’t end well. So, it is very reminiscent of 80’s horror movies, which is arguably the best horror movies out there, and the title and trailer allude to that 80’s horror movie theme.

Source

With that, I’m anxiously waiting for the premiere and will probably read more fan conspiracy theories of past seasons and what they think of the new season. Plus I’ll probably try to decode @mrrpmurphy (Ryan Murphy) tweets and posts on Instagram for any clues.

Soooooo, season 8 (Apoclopace) had a lot of violence so maybe this season is around the theme of lust… gone wrong? And then season 10 will be the grand finale of all finales? I CANNOT TAKE THIS RYAN MURPHY, OH MY GOD YOU SON OF A GUN. So yeah, catch me theorizing season 9 of American Horror story and dreaming about pumpkin spice lattes and fall like your typical white girl. #NoShameNoGame 

Here is a link to the American Horror Story 1984 trailer as well so you can conspiracize with me!

https://youtu.be/9WO2NflWmI8

Julia Fitzgibbon

PS Behrend '22

Sophomore at Penn State Behrend Nutrition major with a biology minor Professional procrastinator with a coffee addiction Workout and dog enthusiast
Sorya Nasir

PS Behrend

Native of Santa Clara, CA Senior at Penn State Behrend Management Information Systems Major HerCampus PS Behrend, President Alpha Sigma Alpha