Style

We’ve Got Your Back: Last Minute DIY Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Are you last-minute stressing about what your going to wear to that upcoming halloween party? Well, you’ve come to the right place. Check out these simple, DIY costume ideas that you can throw together with things you may already have, or can run to the store to buy!

1. Scarecrow

You can easily replicate this childhood board game with a white crew neck, white sweatpants, red construction paper, and a marker! Simply cut out shapes o the red construction paper and tape or glue them onto your outfit.

2. Taylor Swift

This is perfect for people with blonde hair. Now you just have to find some black skinny jeans, a black and white striped shirt, a fedora, and some red lipstick. If you want to take it a step further, you can make a polaroid with paper and black marker, and make her album cover!

3. “Operation” Board Game

4. Cactus

You can dress up as this desert plant with a dark green sweater and some white pipe cleaner! Twist together small pieces of the pipe cleaners and glue them all over your sweater.

5. Wednesday Addams

This one is super simple- just grab a black fitted dress, and a white blouse with a collar. Pair it with a ice pair of black booties, braid your hair, and you’re good to go! You can also contour your face ad lie your eyes with thick black eyeliner to get the spooky effect the original character has.

6. Alvin and the Chipmunks

This one is definitely the easiest- all you need is a red shirt. Print a large “A” o the front either with a black marker or iron on letter transfers, and you’re set! Get two others to join you and you can recreate the famous trio- Alvin, Theodore, and Simon!

7. Social Media

Dress up as your favorite social media app! Get a t-shirt the color your app (facebook and twitter would be blue, youtube would white, etc.) and paste the logo onto the front.

Image Source(s): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Andrea Gáez

PS Behrend '19

From Panama.xx