This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Spring has finally sprung!!! And as the weather changes and becomes warmer, we here at Her Campus Penn State Behrend like to get a little risqué with our outfit choices (maybe even show our ankles a time or two). Thankfully, there are many options available that give us the chance to get a little wild- like flats, booties, loafers, sneakers, and many more. Personally, my favorite spring shoe is the Bobo. Honestly, I don’t know what the real name for these shoes are, I’ve just always called them Bobos, so now everyone I know calls them Bobos too. They’re like tiny sneaker/Keds/slip-ons and they are the best non-investment investment I’ve ever made. The only downside to these shoes is that they’re not the highest of quality, so I have to repurchase them every year. However, because they are so cheap (like $14.99-from-Payless cheap), I definitely I feel like they’re worth it

My style is simple: the easier the better, and casual is cool. Much like the spring weather, the look of these shoes can change in an instant, so I can pair them with a casual t-shirt dress oe jeans and a sweater and rock either. These shoes are so easy that even when I’m wearing running short and a tee, I can just slip them on and am ready to roll in an instant. Nothing, let me repeat, NOTHING is better than versatility, and these shoes provide just that. 

If the look wasn’t enough to get you hooked, then the non-descript color will. I always buy these shoes in this gray color because it matches everything. Want to wear black? Matches. Want to wear navy? Matches. Want to wear any other color? MATCHES. I wear these shoes literally all day, everyday. Because they are all around neutral, when I wear them everyday, I don’t get branded as the girl who wears the same shoes everyday- honestly, nobody notices. Though I prefer they gray, these shoes do come in a variety of colors, and for the price, you won’t feel guilty when you buy every shade. I’m a firm believer that you should invest in clothing that fits you well, is comfortable, and you can wear more than once, but that investment doesn’t have to break the bank!

Photo Credits: 1, 3

As a senior biology major, Taylor is a self-proclaimed feminist with a passion for commas, donuts, and her dog.