This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Ahh spring. Warmer weather, finally seeing sunshine, and of course a wardrobe change. Each new season in the fashion world brings new patterns, textures, and trends. Spring is an especially exciting season because patterns and bright colors are maximized. Whether you’re a bold and bright fashionista, or subtle and dark, all styles can be worked into the spring season. New York Fashion Week Spring 2017 blessed us with the newest spring styles and trends from the top designers.

One pattern rising to the top of Spring 2017 is stripes. Banana Republic, Altuzarra, and Valentino all displayed fun 80s inspired striped looks on the runway. They say everything makes a comeback and the runways proved this ny being filled with seaside-style stripes, banker stripes, and bold stripes. A fun way to add some pattern into an otherwise bland outfit!

Another top trend seems to be khaki. If the word khaki makes you think of the Jake from the State Farm commercial, trust me you’re not alone. Designers and brands like Public School, Carolina Herrera, Yeezy, and J. Crew took khaki to a whole new level in skirts, trench coats, and even gowns.

While spring colors rarely change from pastels, a few shades always top the season’s runway looks. This spring, yellow hit the runways and hit them hard. Pale yellows to neon, this color was sported by Coach, Creatures of Comfort, Faviana and kate spade new york. The over-the-top yellow gown below was a unique feature from Faviana.  Don’t worry, the typical pale pinks and florals still made their appearances during fashion week.

One last upcoming trend that I am especially excited about is sneakers. Celebs like the KarJenners, Olivia Wilde, Julia Roberts, and Hailey Baldwin were all spotted sporting $60 Vans Old Skools. Even if this particular shoe doesn’t strike your fancy, the appearance of sneakers is promising. Our feet will be thankful.

Spring is a beautiful time of the year with new flowers blooming, and of course, new trends. New York Fashion Week never disappoints and with some of the latest trends now in the back of your mind, happy shopping collegiates!

Image Credits: 1 2 3 4 5

Hi I'm Alex! I'm currently majoring in Marketing but my true passions are fashion and writing. I hope to merge those two loves into a marketing job one day. I hope my articles are both enjoyable and meaningful to readers. Happy reading 
Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.