This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

One of YouTube’s most popular celebrities, Shane Dawson, came out with an eight-part YouTube series, all released over a four-week period, that digs into the mind of the one and only Jake Paul. Each episode is just under an hour long and is jam-packed with jaw-dropping information from Team Ten members themselves. It is a unique series that is making people more attracted to YouTube than previous.

source

Jake Paul has been causing contrives left and right. From the crazy stunts to the rumours about him being abusive, everyone knows Jake and know how insane his life his. Jake started a social media and management company called Team Ten, and this team has been the root of all of Jakes crazy rumours. They all live in one giant mansion, filming and posting crazy pranks that they do almost every day.  

source

The eight-part series first starts off with the first few videos looking into Jake Paul’s mind directly. Shane starts to throw ideas out about Jake being a sociopath, which caused a lot of uproar from his fans and even his own brother, Logan Paul. Logan Paul came out with a response video to Shane’s first few episodes saying that they were scary and too dramatic. However, with all the criticism Shane received, he went on with the rest of the series just as planned.

source

Shane did a series of interviews with a wide range of people. The first person is a therapist by the name of Kati Morton. She digs deep into the idea of what it means to be a sociopath and what the tenancies are for someone that is a sociopath. His next interview is with a former Team Ten member, and best friend of Jake, Nick Crompton. Nick shared some of the most shocking information in the whole series, telling Shane that all of the pranks that Jake Paul does are completely staged. His final interview, before Jake’s, was with his ex-girlfriend, Alissa Violet. She talked about why she left Team Ten and what it was like to be around Jake Paul as a “significant other”. She revealed that she and Jake were never official, and they he was metal abusive to her, causing her to want to leave the team.

source

So far, the series has shown me the crazy truth about famous celebrities’ lives, the truth being that most of what we see out on the internet and on the TV is all staged. What we see and hear isn’t always how it is. This series showed me that Jake isn’t a crazy sociopath that doesn’t care about who he hurts. While he does do some things that are controversial, he really cares about is family, friends, and his fans. This series showed that Jake has some issues that he needs to work out, just like everyone else. After watching this series, I would not necessarily consider myself a Jake Paul fan, however, I do have a more respect for him and everything that he is trying to do.

Not only was this series, that Shane Dawson made, interesting, but it helped pave the way for the future of YouTube. Shane’s series that he has been making are so different and much more complex than anything else out on YouTube currently. I feel that Shane is really exposing the YouTube community by doing these videos and telling them that they can do better. Shane Dawson is bringing YouTube back to life, one video at a time.

Ramsey Struble

PS Behrend '21

Penn State Behrend//Biology Pre-Optometry 
Andrea Gáez

PS Behrend '19

From Panama.xx