This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Beauty runway trends have always been known for being fun, over the top and bold. Fashion Month is when makeup artist get to play the most with their imagination and creativity, always pushing their boundaries. Over the last couple of years, we have seen editorial and runway beauty trends make their way into our lives. First, it was with contour and highlight and now we see everything from glossy lids, to monochrome and even glitter hair. So breakout the glitter, blush and throw away your powder along with your beauty inhibitions, because spring runways were filled with color and fierce confidence.

• HOLOGRAPHIC EFFECT: For the past couple of years, makeup artists can’t seem to have enough highlighter and neither can we. For this spring, the ongoing trend is approached in a more natural way. Your skin won’t need to sparkle to shine, so try to go for a glowier, healthier skin by using creme or liquid products.

• POP OF  COLOUR: Colour was all over the runways -purple, blue, yellow, orange, you name it. It seems the 80’s are making a subtle, yet triumphant comeback. Whether it was a subtle touch of pink in your crease or an intense stripe of yellow, colours of all shades are coming back for spring.

• GLITTER GANG: Whether it be in your lids or in your hair, glitter doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon. This season, try wearing it in a less detailed way. You can scatter it across your bottom lash line or sprinkle some of it on your hair and make a subtle statement. The less perfect the look, the better it’ll be.

• BOLD BLUSH: If you’re not particularly keen on wearing blush, you might want to give it a try this season, since you’ll be seeing it everywhere! Whether you want to apply it with a heavy hand and pay homage to disco or go with a more subtle approach and blended from cheek to temple, so it’s meant to be seen.

• GLOSS: In 2017 there’s more than one way to shine, and it doesn’t necessarily involve highlighter or glitter. Like many of these trends, glossy eyelids have been a long staple of editorial shoots and runways, but this year makeup artists have made them wearable. And it’s not just your lids, but your lips, too. For a few years now, matte lipstick has ruled the beauty world, but this year lips are starting to look more natural. Whether you wear it on your lids or your lips, definitely give gloss a try and break out of the mold!

Image Credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Andrea Gáez

PS Behrend '19

From Panama.xx
Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.