This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

With thanksgiving right around the corner, many of us are facing hours of sitting on a plane, searching for things to do to take up time. Let’s be honest, although we all planned to studying and doing homework, we will more likely be watching the scrolling through the 15 movies that the plane provides. Reddit, for those of you who don’t know, is a completely anonymous site where users share all sorts of things to opinions, questions and stories. So enjoy there Reddit threads that are so interesting, you could be reading for hours, making that flight fly by.

Parents of Reddit, what is the creepiest thing your young child has ever said to you?

“Why are you crying?

“Bad man”

What bad man?

“There.” Points behind me at a dark corner of the room

Lamp on bookshelf next to said darkened corner falls off as soon as I turn to look.

She slept in our bed that night”

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1d2v7i/parents_of_reddit_what_is_the_creepiest_thing/

What’s your secret that could literally ruin your life if it came out?

“Two and a half years ago I was in dire financial straights, so I sold my home to keep my struggling business afloat. I neglected to tell the owners that they have an 800 sq. ft. bunker on the property that I built about seven years ago. The bunker that I’ve called home since I sold it. The entrance to it is well-hidden, but I still come and go very early/very late in the day.

I’m a single man who keeps to himself. I’m now in a situation where I could move somewhere else, but I love this hidden paradise so much.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/t0ynr/throwaway_time_whats_your_secret_that_could/

Truckers of Reddit, what’s the craziest, scariest, or most bizarre thing you have experienced on the road or at a truck stop?

“Many years ago I was on what is called a “meet and turn” This is where a driver that is domiciled out of one city will drive a load halfway to its destination, while a driver domiciled out of that destination will drive halfway with a load that is destined for my city. We meet in a parking lot, switch trailers and drive back home. I had been on this run for a few months and found that I always got to the meet point about an hour before the other driver. It was a dark and empty dirt lot at about 3am, so I would stretch out across the seat and take a short nap.

One night, about 10 minutes into my nap I was awoken by a barking dog. I tried to ignore it, but it carried on for several minutes and got louder as the dog got closer. Soon, it became apparent that the dog was right outside of my truck barking at me. OK, either this dog is Lassie and is trying to alert me to something, or else he is just a pain in the ass and I will need to throw something at him to scare him off. It is important to note that the barking had been going on for a good 10 minutes at this point.

So, I sat up and looked out my window. Standing there, mere inches on the other side of the glass was a man of about 35. He was a large fellow. And was barking at me. his eyes were crazy and he was frothing at the mouth a little — the scene really held my full attention for a moment. The sheer creepiness of this struck me. Gently, and making an absolute minimum of sudden movements, I reach down and started my truck and slowly pulled away. He chased me, much like you might expect an angry dog to do, barking all the while.

Needless to say, it played hell with my power naps from then on.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/18bq6h/truckers_of_reddit_whats_the_craziest_scariest_or/

Redditors who have been to prison, what did you do on your first day out?

“I spent just shy of two years in prison for drugs. Lots of drugs. When I got out, my wife picked me up, and I spent twenty minutes trying to figure out how to use her iPod nano with the touch screen. Got motion sick for the first time ever. Went to our new house my wife bought right before I got out because the apartment complex she was living in wouldn’t allow me to reside there due to the felonies. Took a long shower and put on real clothes. Went to a barbecue and saw almost everyone who means anything to me. Sat stonefaced through the whole thing because I was overwhelmed and had learned not to show anything. Gorged myself on the best homemade ribs and sides I’ve ever had. Went home and hung out. Used the remote control to watch whatever I wanted. Had sex with my wife. (A while later) Cried for an hour or so. Slept like a baby in our sweet, sweet bed.“

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1od4a9/serious_redditors_who_have_been_to_prison_what/

Male Redditors: What hints have girls given you that flew over your head and you now deeply regret? What’s your worst “Oh, she wasn’t actually inviting me over for coffee at 2am” moment?

“Was a groomsmen at my best friends wedding. Just three groomsmen and three lovely bridesmaids. Had a ton of fun during the reception and with the groom, I got everyone out on the dance floor when dancing started. Really extroverted night cause I was just in a great mood. Later standing around with the bridesmaids and one asked me what I was up to after the wedding. I was thrown off cause it was 9 and I was mentally like, “this is the nights event”. I ended up saying, “I dunno, probably go home.” To which she replied, “Oh, well I have a hotel room, don’t mean to brag or anything…” And ‘jokingly’ talked about me being jealous. And then naturally I said, “Whoa, where did all this honey come from?!” As I just discovered the gift bags with fresh honey. Was about 2 hours later when I was taking off my bowtie that I stood and stared ahead realizing my mistake…..MFW”

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/151z5j/male_redditors_what_hints_have_girls_given_you/

Sailors of Reddit, what is one thing about the open ocean that most people don’t know about?

“If you put a warm beer into a sock, attach it to some fishing line, and lower it a few feet down and drag it for a little while, you’ll have a cold beer in no time flat.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/19ci1a/sailors_of_reddit_what_is_one_thing_about_the/

What is the deepest you have gone on the internet? NSFW

“So I was trying to find a goose liver, which is nearly impossible in my country, online. Through much searching and clicking, I thought I had finally found a good online vendor- they had hearts, kidneys, liver, everything. It was not until I was trying to figure out the check-out that I realized they were human. Almost threw up, as I was closing my browser, erasing my history, and considering to destroy my hard drive.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1axevv/what_is_the_deepest_you_have_gone_in_the_internet/

Sorya Nasir

PS Behrend

Native of Santa Clara, CA Senior at Penn State Behrend Management Information Systems Major HerCampus PS Behrend, President Alpha Sigma Alpha
Andrea Gáez

PS Behrend '19

From Panama.xx