This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Spring is in the air, Collegiettes! Well, sort of…. Behrend is slowly melting and you know what that means? It is time to break out the spring wardrobe and here at Her Campus PS Behrend we are more than ready to share our spring favs as we not-so-patiently wait to break them out.

Kara: Sandals

My favorite shoes to wear in the spring are these sandals from Target.  It’s so nice to finally be able to wear something other than boots and fuzzy socks!

Olivia: Printed Headbands/Scarves

Springtime to me screams colors, and there’s no better way to spruce up an outfit than to add a colorful headband! I recently made a huge chop to a pixie cut, so I love to add a little scarf in my hair as a cute feminine detail. Secondhand and vintage shops have an amazing selection of old silk scarves that are perfect as a hair accessory. Plus, they’re great for pulling the soggy strands out of your face when you caught in those April showers!

Ramsey: Levi Jeans

My spring favorite is a pair of vintage Levi jeans that can be found at almost any thrift store. Paired with a fun t-shirt, it is the perfect look for spring.

Mallory: Rings

Rings, to me, are the perfect addition to any wardrobe. They are a daily piece for me (my hands feel naked without rings), making them equally as great a spring piece! Rings instantly elevate any outfit to a whole new level and make your hands look great.

Ciara: Vans

One thing I cannot live without in the spring are my Vans! I wear these shoes everywhere because they are so comfortable and go with pretty much every outfit I have. You can dress them up with a skirt or you can wear them to class with your sweatpants and leggings. They come in so many different colors as well but, my favorite color is black of course! I suggest getting a pair if you just want an everyday shoe to throw on. As you can tell in my picture, they get put to some good use!

Megan: Sherpa-Lined Jean Jacket

My spring must-have is this sherpa-lined jean jacket. IT. IS. PERFECT. It doesn’t overheat you or leave you cold. This jacket is definitely my go-to on days where it’s still cold but not cold enough to wear a full-on winter jacket. You can dress it up or down, and it’s plenty big enough to wear a sweatshirt or thick sweater. It is also super stylish and on-trend right now. Whenever I wear it, I get so many compliments and you will too. My exact one is from Charlotte Russe, but you can find look-alikes anywhere!

Brittany: Tank Tops/Cardigans

I guess I don’t really have a favorite spring thing that comes out every single spring season. But my favorite go-to spring thing is wearing tank tops and cardigans. It’s a nice feeling knowing that pretty soon the cardigan won’t be needed and it will be summer. It is the nice middle ground between sweaters and tank tops and it’s exciting. Not only do the cardigans come out more, but so do my vans because I don’t have to worry about the snow and salt ruining them. Again, all these things add up and amp up my excitement for the summer.

Image Credits: 1 2 3

Communication Major at Penn State Behrend Intersectional Feminist Do More Of What Makes You Happy
Ramsey Struble

PS Behrend '21

Penn State Behrend//Biology Pre-Optometry 
Junior at Penn State Behrend Mechanical Engineering Major
Ciara Boyle

PS Behrend '21

Psychology major with an LER minor! i love my dog more than anything<3
Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.