element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

NSFW Boys and Butts: Pegging

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

You don’t hear the term “pegging” in everyday conversation. Pegging is defined as a sexual practice in which a woman performs anal sex on a man by penetrating the man’s anus with a strap-on dildo. It’s a very taboo subject as many people don’t like to talk about it-especially straight men. The biggest issue and argument with “pegging” is whether it’s gay or not. Most straight men and many straight women assume it’s a gay act because it involves something going inside a butt – BUT that couldn’t be further from the truth.

It is assumed to be a gay act because an object, most likely a penis-shaped object, is going inside a man’s butt. However it is being inserted by a woman, and it is not a penis. A lot of the issue plays into gender roles-women are submissive and men are dominant. Men are on top, women on the bottom. So to have a woman go behind a man makes many uncomfortable because it is out of the “norm”. Men think it emasculates them when in fact it has no correlation to their sexual orientation.

What straight men love about pegging is not only the new sensation but the role reversal and power switch. It’s a powerful intimate act that requires a lot of trust in your partner that they won’t hurt or judge you. What many men don’t know is that you can orgasm without ejaculation or stimulation from your penis.

Furthermore, there are many different positions to peg in, not just doggy style with the woman behind the man. The man can lay on his back which is more intimate because he gets to look at the woman and touch her. Overall, while many may think pegging is a gay act-keep in mind it’s not considered gay when a man penetrates a woman from behind. So why the double standard?

Image Credits: 1 2 3 4 

Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.