This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

This mysteriously quirky fella, Nick Korzi, was nominated for this week’s Campus Profile for his wit, smooth moves, and musical talents.

• Name: Nick Korzi
  • Year: junior
  • Hometown: Moon, PA
  • Major: Electrical Engineering
  • Relationship status: My Mom is a pretty tough lady to please…
  • Activities: IM Basketball, musician, and part-time band member

School life:

Her Campus: Where are we most likely to find you on campus?

Nick: “In Burke.  I’m in there 90% of the time I am on campus, which is about 40% of the time that I am awake.  So, yeah, chances are that’s where I’m at.”

Her Campus: What is your favorite aspect of Erie?

Nick: “I like being able to see the Lake.  Presque Isle is neat, too.  Driving up and around the peninsula is a pretty cool experience, so I’d recommend giving it a whirl.”

Her Campus: What do you plan on doing after you graduate with your degree in Engineering?

Nick: “Possibly going on to get my masters in Music and becoming an audio engineer.  That’s what keeps me going; knowing that one day I could be engineering audio equipment.”

Her Campus: Do you plan on staying in Pittsburgh or moving?

Nick: “I plan on staying near Pittsburgh most likely.  Obviously, (if duty calls elsewhere) I would move, but it would only be temporary.  I like to stick close to my roots.”

Music life:

Her Campus: I know music plays a huge role in your life so who influenced your love for music? Why?

Nick: “My Grandmother is the person I regularly cite as being my biggest influence on my musical background.  She started me on the piano when I was about 3 and a half years old, and I never really turned back.”

Her Campus: What is your go to song to lift your spirits?

Nick: “This is a tough question, because it’s not necessarily what my favorite song is.  I guess I’d have to say right now, at this moment, it would be the song “Do You” by the band Spoon.  The message isn’t really an uplifting one, but the tempo and musicality is great.”

Her Campus: I also know you are working on an album at the moment. Do you plan on ever performing in front of others?

Nick: “Uh, maybe I guess.  If time permits that would be pretty neat.  Or if I actually had a band to back me.”

Personal life:

Her Campus: When you are feeling under the weather, which I know you are now, what’s your go to remedy to make you feel better? Why?

Nick: “As weird as this sounds, I listen to soothing music.  Ya know, stuff that won’t work me up too much.  Things like the most recent Beck album or The Menehan Street Band usually get the job done.  Then there is the obvious things like soup and lots of water and the whole shi-bang.”

Her Campus: What is something that not even your friends or family know about you?

Nick: “Good question, I’m not real sure.  Maybe something along the lines of: (one of my family members talking) “I didn’t know that Nick used to turn books into money safes.”  Ya know, like those hollowed out books that can hold things that you don’t want other people to find.  I did that with my copy of Treasure Island I got in seventh grade Language Arts class.”

Her Campus: Do you consider yourself an extrovert or an introvert? Why?

Nick: “Surely an extrovert.  I am pretty sure I could talk to a wall if it had a face on it.  I also like to think I’m pleasant to talk to, but I’ve been told I’m cheeky.  And upon looking up the definition I was puzzled.”

Love life:

Her Campus: Who do you think should make the first move in a relationship? The guy or girl? And why?

Nick: “The guy.  The guy should do most of the heavy-lifting in a relationship.”

Her Campus: What is your go to move to get a girl’s attention?

Nick: “I don’t really know.  Usually just being nice and letting things take care of themselves.”

Her Campus: What is your biggest frustration with the ladies?

Nick: “If I can tell a girl isn’t being herself.  It drives me up a wall.”

Her Campus: Describe your dream girl

Nick: “I’ll know when I meet her.”

Her Campus: You said you don’t fear commitment, so how long does it usually take for you to dive into love? Why?

Nick: “Well, I fall in love with animals at the pet store pretty fast, but that wears off over a day or two.  I guess with people, I’m not real sure.  There isn’t really a specific amount of time in which it happens, I think it happens in a way when you meet a person, and you realize it later.”

Her Campus: How does it feel to be nominated for this week’s Campus Profile?

Nick: “Sporadic. That’s a good word.  I wasn’t ready for it but I am completely honored to be highlighted.”

Thanks for such a creative and crafty conversation Nick! HCXO 

Marissa Knox

PS Behrend

~Fashionista who drinks so much coffee that she can be a barista.~ Communication Major Marketing Minor PSU '17 Vice President of Community Relations for Alpha Sigma Tau