This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Lucifer Morningstar is a fallen angel that was banished to hell by his father after causing an uprising in a Silver city.

When Lucifer got tired of carrying the burden as a ruler of Hell, he decided to abandon his position as a punisher and escaped to L.A., the City of Angels, to start over and reinvent himself. During his time in the human world, he runs into many obstacles such as humanity, lust, power, injustice and such but mainly, love.

For the longest time, I scrolled past this show while I searched for a new series to binge. I am not extremely religious but my faith has been passed on from my family, thus, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to watch something that touched on topics like religion and the Devil. One day, finally, I was curious and decided to give it a shot. Without any previous knowledge about the show, I quickly became invested in the plotline of the series. Lucifer is presented in a more humane way than everyone imagines the Devil to be. He faces ups and downs in the relationship with his father, God, as well as other characters throughout the show.

In many ways, he is angry with his father and believes that he is a pawn in his father’s plan. This helps the viewers connect with him and allow them to understand his actions better. There are several instances where he makes bad decisions and self inflicts struggle throughout the show. However, this only shows his humanity and makes it easier to relate with the viewers and the poor choices we make sometimes… All the actions and consequences make him grow into a better being and understand that the many obstacles he has faced are not created to harm him. For example, at one point Lucifer falls in love, after blindly denying for so long and caring for someone more than himself.

The series shows humanity in its best and worst ways. We can all relate to challenges faced in Lucifer in our own ways. I believe that the main takeaway from the series is that, we all are faced with obstacles and it is up to you how you respond to them. People blame others for their misery and oppose to take responsibility for their actions but in reality, we are accountable for how we decide to live our lives.

Image Source(s): Giphy

Maryna Khokhlova

PS Behrend '19

Born in Dnipro, Ukraine. Currently live in Erie, PA. Senior at Penn State Behrend International Business BS Marketing BS Alpha Sigma Alpha, Member
Andrea Gáez

PS Behrend '19

From Panama.xx