This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Recently, Netflix has begun removing classic favorites from its streaming services. While they remove and add new items every week, shows that we once loved to binge-watch, such as One Tree Hill, 30 Rock, and Friday Night Lights, continue to leave the scene. This is to focus and make room for Netflix originals, like the ever so praised Stranger Things and Orange is the New Black. The worst part about Netflix removing shows we love is that we somehow have to find new binge-worthy creations that can fill the void. Here are some top picks to hopefully fix that:

Narcos

This show keeps getting better with every season, making it totally worth keeping up with. Narcos follows the life of Pablo Escobar, a famous drug lord, as the DEA enters the war on drugs. It’s full of action and suspense worthy of giving you chills. (3 Seasons)

Bojack Horseman

Bojack is a washed-up actor in the world of “Hollywoo”.  He’s self-absorbed and obsessed with the glory days of his old sitcom show. This Netflix show hooks you with the darkness of his lifestyle and why he actually has a destructive personality. It’s wonderfully written and entertaining while also making you question your own life. (4 Seasons)

American Vandal

American Vandal is one of the newer shows released on Netflix. The storyline is based on a prank that involved vandalizing faculty members’ cars with inappropriate pictures. While it seems funny, it’s serious in documenting what high school really is, not just a joke. (1 Season)

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Kimmy has been stuck in a bunker for 15 years and lives in New York City after her release. She gets a job as a nanny, and the series follows her as she experiences real life for the first time in a new environment and generation. It’s high-quality humor created by the comedic Tina Fey. (3 Seasons)

The OA

After missing for seven years, Prairie returns home with some supernatural powers that can’t be explained to anyone except five locals. She calls herself The OA, and she’s planning to help others escape from where she came from. (1 Season, renewed for 2nd)

Ingobernable

This is a political drama that follows the First Lady of Mexico and her escape from her husband. While she wants peace in the country, he has other goals that she can’t agree with. Their rage with each other is showing and she’s now on the run. (1 Season)

Dear White People

Based on the movie by the same name, Dear White People follows the racism and prejudice of Winchester University. Each episode focuses on a different character and why they take on the position that they do, while all these racist actions are being called out on the radio. (1 Season)

Stranger Things

I don’t know what’s better: the plot or the 80s references. It’s mysterious with a mix of supernatural occurrences. It’s not your normal, perfect TV show. It’s suspenseful, with meaningful friendships and feelings. (2 Seasons)

Orange is the New Black

If you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon yet, it’s time. OITNB surrounds Piper’s experience as she is sentenced to prison for a crime she committed years ago. Every woman in the correction facility has their own unique personality that brings the show together beautifully for hours of entertainment.  (5 Seasons)

Image Credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

A Californian pursuing a degree in Project and Supply Chain Management. I enjoy finding new places, surf culture, and service.
Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.