Need Any Advice? Ask Zack Black

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Name: Zack Black

Major: Computer Engineering

Graduation Class: Spring 2016

Favorite Behrend Professors: Dr Walters and Professor Panda

Favorite Songs: Bohemian Rhapsody, $ave Dat Money, Knock Knock and Thrift Shop

Were you involved on campus, if so in what?

Yes, I was. I was involved with Triangle Fraternity, President and Vice President of the Interfraternity Council, Welcome Week Guide and Captain, Behrend Engineering Ambassador, a mentor to freshman students and was involved with the Spring Concerts. I tried to be involved in as much as I could.

What is favorite thing about PSB?

The people I met and the opportunities it gave me. I don’t think I would be where I’m at today if it wasn’t for Behrend. Also when it’s not cold the campus is a wonderful place to be.

What is your least favorite thing about PSB?

The cold and the fact if you lived on campus there were no places to walk, to eat, or any kind of entertainment.

How did you feel about going through the interview process when searching for a job?

Looking back on it I found it stressful and always worried if I was going to know the answers to the questions they asked. Now being on the other side of the table and being the interviewer for college students looking for jobs I see now that bringing a sense of humor, a smile to the table and a positive attitude will get you a long way in the interview process. Like your smarts and achievements only get you so far but if your able to make the interviewer smile or laugh they’ll remember that.

Are there are classes at Behrend that you took that really prepared you for your career?

Basically any core computer engineering class I took. The professors told you how work life was going to be like after graduation. They were all straight forward and gave you a real life expectation of how you will be using this topic and not the book smart approach.

If you could change one thing from your college experience, what would it be?

Nothing really. If I had to change something it would probably be: go to the gym more and eat better. But aren’t these things that everyone says after college?

Any advice?

What I have always told students is not to stress over school. There’s more to be enjoyed than worrying over a class or some guy or girl you have a crush on. You only get to experience the college lifestyle once so why not enjoy it the best you can. The less you stress the better off you are. I’m not saying school isn’t important but if you’re a constant ball of emotions and stress do you really think that will help you out on a test or an assignment? Find a good group of friends and get involved as much as you can. College is only a few years but the memories and friends you make will last forever.

Nayeli Urbieta

PS Behrend '20

Hello, My name is Nayeli and I enjoy all things beauty
Andrea Gáez

PS Behrend '19

From Panama.xx