Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Miles Turner ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Full name: Miles Turner

Hometown: Bethel Park, PA

Major: Finance and Spanish/ Minor: International Business

Year: Sophomore

Age: 19

Relationship Status: Single

Campus Activities: I am currently Chair Pro-Tempore for Student Government Association, Director of Public Relations for Student Government Association, and Director of Constitutional Review for Student Government Association, Treasurer of Women Today, Treasurer of Model United Nations, Marketing Director for HerCampus, Chairperson of Public Relations for Tone-Acious, Brother in Delta Sigma Pi Fraternity, Director of Twitter Operations for TedXPSUBehrend

Favorites:

Food: Mac N Cheese

Color: Black

Artist/Band: Beyonce or Panic! At The Disco

Song: Anything Christmas Related

Hobby: Playing Instruments; Netflixing

TV Show: Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Person: My Mom

Season: Autumn

This or That:

Daytime Or Nighttime: Nighttime

Spoken Word Or Written Word: Written Word

Instagram Or Twitter: Instagram

Salty Or Sweet: Salty

Coffee Or Tea: Coffee

Dogs Or Cats: Dogs

Books Or Movies: Books for academics; Movies for pleasure

Dressy Or Casual: Casual

Why did you decide to come to Penn State Behrend?

I thought Penn State Behrend would be a great place for me to transition from high school to college. Penn State University Park seemed extremely overwhelming to get my start at so I thought Behrend was the perfect size. After attending Behrend for the 1.5 years I’ve been here I do not regret my decision at all. I have met so many amazing people that I hope will stay in my life til the day I die. I also have had so many experiences that I feel I would not been able to have elsewhere.

Why did you want to join Her Campus/What is your position?

I saw Her Campus as being an opportunity not only to meet new people who have similar interests to me, but also to nurture to my love of writing and self expression. Her Campus here at Behrend has been nothing but accepting of me. I quickly learned that we are like one big happy family. I am also currently the Marketing Director for Her Campus.

What else are you involved in and why?

I am also involved in Student Government Association, I am involved in that organization because I have always felt that I would be able to make a difference as a student for my school. I am involved in Women Today because I believe in the advancement of women so that one day the pay gap is eliminated, so that one day women don’t have to feel scared or worried walking alone, so that one day a woman is treated in the same sense as a man. I am involved in Model United Nations because I am a huge fan of diplomacy and international relations and I strive to learn more about it. I am involved in Tone-Acious because it is a place where I can gather with talented individuals and create beautiful sounds with them 3 times a week. They are some of my closest friends I ended up having here on campus. Also concert December 6th, 9pm, in Reed 117.

What is your dream career/goals after graduation?

I have two different paths that I would love to embark upon.

Path 1: Moving to Spain to work in a financial sector of a company or as a corporate financial advisor. With my two majors and minor, I would love to be able to take advantage of all three. I have been in love with the idea of living in Spain since I watched Cheetah Girls 2 when they traveled to Barcelona. The culture and the landscape of not only Barcelona, but of all of Spain appeal to me.

Path 2: Joining the FBI and becoming a special agent. Ever since I was younger I have dreamed of being in an intelligence organization. With my language degree I would be eligible for enrollment into their special agent program after having a couple of years of work experience. I have always dreamed of being able to serve my country through one of these intelligence organizations.

How did it feel to become the first male member of Her Campus?

Becoming the first male member of Her Campus was a very positive experience. I was not only accepted, but welcomed with open arms to the organization. From the second I stepped foot in the door I felt like it was a place for me.

What is the biggest life lesson you have learned so far?

I think one of the biggest life lessons I have learned is  that a mistake happens once, if you let the same thing happen twice or more it’s a choice. In my life I have dealt with a lot of different issues and scenarios and I’ve learned that if I let something happen that I don’t like once, I know how to learn and grow from it. I personally love making mistakes, it shows me how to change my ways, and learn how to develop myself.

What would you tell readers who may be considering joining Her Campus? (male or female)

Her Campus is a very inclusive group, from the second you step foot into the meeting til the second the meeting is over, we are all one giant family. When we are at our meetings I look around and I see a bunch of different letters on people’s shirts, but I know at the end of the day we all wear the same four. HCXO.

Thank you for the lovely interview Little! xoxo love Big

Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.