This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Jess was nominated for this week’s Campus Profile for her amazing leadership skills and her friendly personality! 

Jessica Nagy (her friends call her Jess)

Hometown: Beaver Falls, PA

Year: Junior

Age: She will be 21 in 15 days! (Buy this gal a drink!)

Major: Finance

Activities: Panhellenic Council, sister of the sorority Theta Phi Alpha, Financial Management Association

Relationship Status: Single ;)

School/involvement in organizations

Her Campus: Why did you decide to go Greek?

Jess Nagy: “I joined Greek life because I wanted to be a part of something bigger than myself.  The perks of lifelong friendships with great men and women, leadership opportunities, and networking throughout the campus and across the country was something too good for me to pass up.”

Her Campus: You were President of your sorority last year and are now the President of the Panhellenic Council.  How does it feel to be on top again?

Jess Nagy: “It feels good! I’m glad to have been elected into a position where I can help govern the sororities on campus and have a part in making major decisions for Greek life.  Also, working with the women on the executive board has been an awesome experience.  I am very thankful for the opportunities and the relationships I have received while having this position.”

Her Campus: Why did you choose your major?

Jess Nagy: “I actually started out as a molecular biology major (insert laughing emoji here). It was during my first semester as a freshman that I realized that the major wasn’t for me and I switched to finance my second semester. My major change was a big adjustment and I really was not sure if it was right for me, but after taking some of the requirements, I knew it was perfect for me!”

Her Campus: What can you not go one day without having/doing?

Jess Nagy: “I cannot go one day without my planner! Each semester I have found that I have more and more to do and it can be difficult to keep track of my responsibilities and class assignments. My planner = lifesaver.”

Her Campus: What is one fact about yourself that not even your friends or parents know?

Jess Nagy: “One fact that my friends and parents do not know about me is that I actually do get very stressed out. For the most part, I try to have everything together and do everything right, but I am definitely no ‘little miss perfect.’ I make mistakes all the time and have learned so much about myself while making them.”

Her Campus: What has been your greatest accomplishment thus far in life?

Jess Nagy: “So far, I would say that my greatest accomplishment would be surviving college! It can get so stressful sometimes and some days can be so overwhelming. I am excited to be nearing graduation and looking forward to my next great accomplishment in pursuing a career in the finance field!”

Her Campus: What can we find you doing on a Saturday afternoon?

Jess Nagy: “On a Saturday afternoon you will either probably find me doing 3 things:

1 – working at Old Navy

2- Participating in a Panhellenic/Theta Phi Alpha event

3 – or sleeping.”

Boys and dating

Her Campus: What do you value in a guy?

Jess Nagy: “Someone who is honest and someone that can keep me laughing, because laughing is my favorite thing to do in the world.”   

Her Campus: Do you believe in love at first sight or is that a myth? 

Jess Nagy: “I do not believe in love at first sight. I do believe that you can like someone very much the first time you meet them, but I think falling in love is more than just seeing someone’s appearance and only knowing them for a handful of hours. It is after you learn who they are and what they mean to you and after experience of being with them that you fall in love.”

Her Campus: Do you think the guy has to make the first move to pursue a possible relationship or should the girl?

Jess Nagy: “I definitely think the guy should pursue the girl for a possible relationship.  I know it is 2016 and it doesn’t really work that way anymore, but I like things old school. I think if the guy is interested, he should make it known to the girl first… the worst answer they can get is no!”

Her Campus: What does your ideal date look like?

Jess Nagy: “My ideal date would be someone taller than me, someone that can make me laugh, and of course, someone who can be their self around me! The date wouldn’t have to be anything too extreme, maybe dinner at a simple restaurant or an adventure around town.”

Her Campus: How does it feel to be nominated for this week’s Campus Profile?

Jess Nagy: “I am super excited to have been nominated for this week’s Campus Profile! It’s an honor to be recognized and I absolutely love reading up on the organizations’s latest articles.”

Thanks for a fun filled interview Jess! HCXO 

Marissa Knox

PS Behrend

~Fashionista who drinks so much coffee that she can be a barista.~ Communication Major Marketing Minor PSU '17 Vice President of Community Relations for Alpha Sigma Tau