Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

I’m Not a Brand Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

In a world like ours today, brands can have a big impact on people. Some people are brand loyal and simply refuse to buy a different brand of product than their usual. For me, I have never been like that and truly have no desire to become brand loyal.

Do I own some big brand name items? Sure I do, but when I say some, I mean two- a Tiffany necklace and a Michael Kors purse, both which I received as gifts. Clothing wise, I do wear popular brands like American Eagle, Francesca’s, Victoria Secret, etc., but I am not brand loyal to them and could easily find my clothing elsewhere.

In the last few years, I have realized that I do not need to go shopping all the time, I do not need the best of the best quality items or most popular brands of clothing. This is not meant to be a blog that hates on all of the people who are brand loyal, because I have many brand loyal friends, but it’s just not me. 

I guess what I am trying to say is that I am not the type of person that will go and spend money on an expensive brand when I know I can get the item somewhere else for less. But, hey, that’s just how I am, and you do not have to agree with me because every one is valued to their own opinion!

I don’t believe that brand items are necessary. Call me a loser, but I’m all about saving my money and eventually putting it towards something that I have always wanted. Now, I am not saying that I don’t wear popular brands at all, I am saying that I pick and choose whether I need to shop at all, and when I do, I usually go for the cheaper brands. One of my favorite things to do is shop the clearance racks. That is the first place I go in any store, and nothing is better than getting a $35 shirt for $10.

So if you are a brand loyal person, be you and do you. But if my words and opinion on brands really has you questioning some things, try stepping onto my side of the world because it may not be such a bad idea.

Photo Credit

Rachel Frye

PS Behrend

Hi, I'm Rachel! I'm a communications major with a certificate in social media. I have always had a love for reading and writing. Someday I would love to have a family of my own along with a career as an event planner or a worker in human resources. I've joined her campus to pursue my passion for writing and to speak my mind to others. You can follow me on Instagram at rachie_06 and on Twitter at rachh_frye! :)