How To Prepare For Finals Week Like A Gilmore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Finals week is next week, so you know what that means, the library is packed and that guy you haven’t seen since week two is back in class (and he took your seat!) Don’t worry about him (it is your seat, but only for another week), just focus on you and surviving the rest of the semester and being your flawless self the whole time! Here are some tips on how to prepare and get through finals, as told by our favorite mother-daughter duos, The Gilmore Girls! 

1.  Make a schedule of all your finals, projects, and papers. 

2. Stare blankly at it while guzzling your fourth cup of coffee and stress crying. 
  3. Grab your suitcase and head to the library… you live there now. 

4. Take advantage of the resources on campus.

Head to the writing center and get your paper proof read or go to the tutoring center and get help on that math problem you’ve been struggling with all semester. 

5. Take an hour long study break to browse social media (be sure to follow us @hcpsbehrend) for every 20 minutes you spend studying.

Taking breaks now and then will give your brain time to relax so you can come back and focus.  

6. Panic!
  7. Get a snack and find your focus again.

Try setting a timer such as the Pomodoro to ensure that you can’t get on and rewatch Lemonade (or binge on Netflix). 

8. Make sure to get plenty of sleep (coffee).

Don’t use finals week as a reason to not take care of yourself. Keep eating well and exercising (and trying to sleep)… it will only benefit you! 

9. Get out there and rock your finals, Collegiette! You have worked hard all semester so end it with a bang so you can get out there and enjoy your summer!

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Nicole Norfolk

PS Behrend '18

Nicole is on her victory lap at Penn State Behrend and is looking forward to graduating with a degree in Communication and Media Studies. In her (limited) spare time, Nicole enjoys reading and binging on the latest Netflix shows. She also manages multiple social media accounts for local organizations and is an opinion editor for Behrend's newspaper. When she isn't downing margaritas, she is usually stressing about what it is she wants to do with her life after she graduates... if you have any suggestions, DM her some ideas for her to kill time with when she becomes an official adult in December. Twitter @nicolenorfolk Instagram @nicolenorfolk
Lexie is a senior communication major at Penn State Erie, The Behrend College, specializing in public relations, advertising and social media. She has coined herself as a monogram enthusiast, an unapologetic cat fanatic and a passionate feminist. Lexie started the Her Campus chapter at her school in hopes to leave behind something special to the place that has given her so much. She believes in the power of the written word, a timeless handbag and practicing reckless optimism. To feed her social media addiction, follow her on Twitter and Instagram @leckseepelchen