Style > Beauty

The Honest Truth About the Garnier Whole Blends Repairing Leave-In Conditioner

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

I have been using the Garnier Whole Blends Repairing Leave-In conditioner for quite some time now. I purchased it on my own in the summer because I noticed that the sun was drying out my hair. I loved the results that it gave me, and when I noticed that Her Campus Behrend was receiving a Garnier sponsorship, and this product was included, I knew I was the perfect person to give a 100% honest review on it. 

I have been dying my hair bleach blonde for almost nine years now. I have naturally very dark brown hair that tends to wash my appearance out. Because of this, in the 7th grade my mom took me to get a full head of blonde highlights. I loved the change and wanted to go all in. I started to get all over blonde and slowly I have worked my way to an icy all over blonde color. Because I have been dying my hair blonde for so long, people are shocked when I tell them that my natural hair color is almost black. With that being said, due to the fact that my natural hair color is so different from my dyed blonde, I have to get my hair dyed A LOT. Now when I say a lot I mean like every 3 months I have to get my hair all over dyed blonde. 

Image taken by myself

Because of this, and the fact that my hair is pretty long, I have to take super good care of my precious strands. I am constantly using oils, conditioner treatments, and benefit sprays to keep my hair from drying out. The summer months are the best but the worst times for my hair. While the sun naturally lightens my hair to the perfect blonde color, it also dries it out so much. I was in need of a new leave-in conditioner and when I went to the store I seen the Garnier Whole Blends Repairing Leave-In conditioner. I have used their products before (their sleek and shine conditioner is the only one I trust on my hair), so I figured I would give it a try! Let me tell you guys, I did not regret it!

I instantly noticed an increase in softness to my hair, as well as, a decrease in split ends and frizz. What I really enjoy about this product is how my benefits it has in one. It is a 10-in-1 care with the following benefits; Seals in moisture, detangles and softens, repair smoothness & prevents split ends, tame frizz and flyaways, instantly strengthens hair’s fibers, restores the softness of brittle hair, nourishes with weightless moisture, protects against heat up to 450 degrees fahrenheit, reduces breakage and hair fall, and improves manageability and adds supple bounce. 

Image taken by myself

The three big reasons/benefits that I enjoy from this product is the fact that it is a heat protectant, it repairs my hair, and that it adds weightless moisture. Being that my hair is naturally dry and brittle, it can be extremely damaging to use heat on my hair. However, my natural hair is neither straight or wavy. It is somewhere in the middle. It is the type of hair that looks undone when it is down and not styled. So, I have to style my hair with heat often, and this products protects me from the damage that the tools can have. I also love that it repairs the damage that heat, or any other outside factor, could have done to my hair. Another big thing that I tell people about this product is that fact that it adds in moisture without making my hair appear or feel greasy. It makes my hair so soft and silky but also light weight! 

This product is so amazing and I was extremely excited to not only be a part of the Garnier sponsorship, but also be able to test out their amazing products. I highly recommend their Garnier Whole Blends Repairing Leave-In conditioner. It is perfect for all hair types and it really does do what it claims!

Ramsey Struble

PS Behrend '21

Penn State Behrend//Biology Pre-Optometry