This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

One Direction may be no more, but the fans, no matter the age, will last forever. So what is it like to be a college 1D fangirl? Well, let us give you the 411.

Lauren:

Being a Directioner during the renaissance of new solo work from each of the boys is a very exciting time. I can remember a period where all I ate, slept, and drank was one direction (quite literally, I had a One Direction tumbler cup). We all can count on too many hands the number of times that we have been shamed for loving a boy band in the 21st century, but we are still in love with five boys who changed our lives.

I have a few instances where being a Directioner in college is incredibly difficult and those are as follows:

• When I am in the middle of class and I realize that Larry is still alive in 2018.

• When I am scrolling through my Tumblr in public (bad decision) and I come across some of my Pulitzer prize-worthy fanfic that I wrote when I was 15 and realize how incredibly inappropriate it is.

Olivia:

• When Zayn or Harry post new pictures

• When someone cool asks me about my favorite music

• When I put my music on shuffle and “Up All Night” starts auto-playing

Alyson:

• When one of their solo songs comes on during work

• When I get out of class and see that Harry dropped a new music video (actual footage of me when Kiwi dropped)

• “Didn’t they break up why do you still talk about them” “you’re 21 years old aren’t you too old for this”

• When people assume I have a great music taste and then scroll through my Spotify saved (I think it’s great, but others don’t agree)

Image Credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Lauren Plummer

PS Behrend '19

I'm a senior, psych major at Behrend and I am a sister of Theta Phi Alpha. A crystal and Stevie Nicks lover. Harry Styles obsessed, chick in a chair-my nickname in marching band was hot wheels.
Communication Major at Penn State Behrend Intersectional Feminist Do More Of What Makes You Happy
Communications Major with a Womens Studies Minor and certificates in Public Relations and Advertising  Lover of music, dogs, fashion, and iced coffee
Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.