Fashion Fall-owers: Your Fall Fashion Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Fall is approaching faster than you can say Pumpkin Spice Latte.   As the leaves start to  change color, so does the style of your closet.  Get ready colliegettes, because it’s about that time again to tap into your fall wardrobe.  Here are the top 10 fall must haves for your closet!   

1. Cardigans

Let’s be real, a girl can never have too many cardigans because they are ALWAYS in season.  However, the fall season is THE prime time for cardigans.  They come in all shapes and forms, and cardigans can make a look seem casually put together while looking great on everyone!

2. Scarves

Scarves are a girl’s best friend.  They too come in many forms, the most common and current being the infinity or blanket scarves.  They make a girl feel snug as a bug and are great for a pop of color, a change of pattern, and overall accessory.

3. Leggings

Every girl knows the comfort and sleekness a pair of leggings provide.  Not to mention leggings can be a simple solid color or an out of this world pattern.  They are an absolute must for your closet.

4.  Boots GALORE

Everyone knows that milk’s favorite cookie is an Oreo, well leggings favorite shoes are boots.  With the weather in Erie being unpredictable, a girl has got to always be prepared.  Boots are a key tool on how to survive Erie weather.  Said boots could be riding, rain, or even booties – any one is a great way to polish off an outfit.

5. Vests

Vests are an essential to every girl’s closet.  You can dress them up or dress them down.  They  look amazing with dresses and can be used as an accessory to an everyday outfit.  Vests can even serve as an extra layer to keep you warm on those cool, crisp fall days.

6. Dresses

Dresses are perfect for every occasion and come in numerous different materials and colors. Long sleeve dresses are specifically nice to have for the cool autumn days.  Dresses can be paired with many of these other items to make your own fall-fresh outfit.

7. Tights

To go a step further than leggings, every collegiette needs to have a pair of tights.  Tights are essential to keeping your legs warm when you want to wear skirts, shorts, or dresses during the fall. They too can be classically simple or extraordinarily unique. 

8. Flannels

Fall in love with flannel because it should be a staple to your fall closet.  Flannels come in a plethora of colors so you are bound to find one that suits your color palette, not to mention they look comfortable on our around the waist.

9. Sweaters

What better way to bundle up against the chilling air than in a comfy sweater? Sweaters are the absolute essence of comfort, while giving off casually cute vibes.  They are also very easy to accessorize, so don’t hesitate to grab yourself a blanket scarf or statement necklace!   

10. Crew necks

If the sweater had a sister, it would be the crew neck.  The crewneck is for showing off your support for your favorite school, Penn State Behrend, or showing off your letters for a greek organization.  The crew neck is a step up on the casual scale.

There you have it colliegettes, you are now well informed on some of fall’s essential wardrobe items.  All of these pieces allow you to create your own perfect fall style.  Some affordable places to purchases these necessities are Francesca’s, Charming Charlie, Forever 21, H&M, Macy’s, Kohls and more.  So shop on colliegettes and find pieces that make your fall wardrobe as amazing as you are! 

Photo credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Marissa Knox

PS Behrend

~Fashionista who drinks so much coffee that she can be a barista.~ Communication Major Marketing Minor PSU '17 Vice President of Community Relations for Alpha Sigma Tau
Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.