This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Happy October, Collegiettes! With so many exciting things to look forward to this season, it can be easy to forget to protect yourself from the flu. Since I can’t [drunkenly] follow you into every bathroom and remind you to wash your hands I decided to gift you with a fun little list to keep you healthy this flu season… after all, runny noses don’t go with a slutty pumpkin costume.

Source

1. Get your flu shot! Pop into Health and Wellness and get vaccinated. I would say to tell them I sent you, but they don’t know me that well. They’re huge fans of students getting their flu shot, though!

Source

2. Don’t touch your face. This is a good habit to follow year round because it helps keep the bacteria on your hands (that touch SO many things) from spreading to your face. Not only will this help with acne, but it will also help keep you from getting sick. Clear skin AND clear sinuses? I believe that is what they call a “win-win.”

Source

3. Do any sneezing and coughing into your elbow to help prevent the spread of your germs. This is also just good manners and if you’re friends with someone that doesn’t do this, ghost their ass – you don’t need their germs in your life.

Source

4. Wash your hands. No, seriously, you have no excuse not to. I sound like your mother, but I don’t care because I don’t want to get sick and if I can keep you from getting sick, I’m helping me. Wash your hands after you go to the bathroom. Wash your hands before you eat. Wash your hands when you’re bored. If you do anything at all, wash your damn hands. No soap and water nearby? Stock up on hand sanitzer. You have no excuse to not have clean hands. Not sure how to wash your hands? Come and find me – I’ll teach you.

Source

5. If you do get sick, please stay home. We all love you, we all think you’re great, but please stay the heck away from us if you’re sick. Cozy up into your bed and get some rest. You can hang out with us when you’re better.

Source

I hit you with the kindergarten basics, but I have seen some of you in my classes already and I want you to know that I support your education and so do all of our professors, but we don’t want what you have. Unless you have an A, in which case please come tutor me once you’re not sick.

Source

Nicole Norfolk

PS Behrend '18

Nicole is on her victory lap at Penn State Behrend and is looking forward to graduating with a degree in Communication and Media Studies. In her (limited) spare time, Nicole enjoys reading and binging on the latest Netflix shows. She also manages multiple social media accounts for local organizations and is an opinion editor for Behrend's newspaper. When she isn't downing margaritas, she is usually stressing about what it is she wants to do with her life after she graduates... if you have any suggestions, DM her some ideas for her to kill time with when she becomes an official adult in December. Twitter @nicolenorfolk Instagram @nicolenorfolk
Andrea Gáez

PS Behrend '19

From Panama.xx