Designer Labels on a College Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

This is your guide to being fashionable, while also keeping your wallet happy. These websites are my top five favorites on how to stay in trend with designer brands at outlet prices.

1) Hautelook: is a Nordstrom Company that provides designer fashions up to 75% off! They choose a number of brands every week and have two-week long sales on selected items while they last. They provide home, men, women, beauty, and kids items. Hautelook also carries brands such as Kate Spade, Tommy Hilfiger, Sam Edelman, Kenneth Cole, Ted Baker, Josie Maran, Converse, and many more!

2) Gilt: provides sales up to 70% off retail price on designer labels! They offer a variety of items ranging from women, men, kids, beauty and home. They carry brands such as Bottega Benetta, Cartier, Rolex, Chanel, Herve Leger, Burberry and many more.

3) Rue lala: offers must-have brands for up to 70% off! They provide women, home, men, kids, and travel options. They carry brands such as Stuart Weitzman, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Roberto Cavalli, Christian Dior, Emilio Pucci, Balenciaga, etc.

4) Rent the Runway: this site is a little different; they provide great designer looks, but to rent. They have two options: you can either rent the item for four to eight days, or you can subscribe and select three items to keep for as long as you want and exchange in the future if you wish to do so. You can rent brands such as Badgley Mischka, Marchesa Notte, Rebbeca Minkoff, Cynthia Rowley, Monique Lhuillier, and so many more!

5) Last Call: is a Neiman Marcus company that provides great discounts on high-end brands. They provide items for women and men, all while offering accessories and shoes! The main brands they carry include Diane von Furstenburg, Michael Kors, Furla, Kendra Scott, and Tahari.

No longer do you need to break the bank with your fashionable tendencies! Feel free to shop till your heart’s content (or as much as your bank account allows) collegiettes! HCXO

Photo Credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature.
Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.