david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Board Game That Isn’t Fun

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

I’m sure that you’ve seen lots of people in movies and on TV shows that have used Ouija boards before, there was even a movie called “Ouija,” just a few years ago. The first Ouija board sold in Pittsburgh, was called “Ouija, the Wonderful Talking Board.” The Ouija board came around in the 19th century when everyone was interested in spiritualism, which is the belief that the dead can communicate with the living. There are many safe ways to use a Ouija board if you intend to use one (even though I do not recommend opening a potential portal to hell!)

There are 3 very important rules when using Ouija boards:

• The first one is to always be serious because it is not a game.
  • The second is to always say goodbye to the spirit.
  • The third is to never use it in your home.

Source

Other just as important things to remember:

• If your session ends up going negative only one time you should end the session, take a break, and switch roles with someone else.

• You should not do it by yourself.

• You never know if something bad could happen to you.

• You also want to make sure that you are asking respectful and meaningful questions, or you will not get any replies from the other side.

Source

I’ve had experiences with a Ouija board before, and it is safe to say that I will not be using one in the nearby future but I also did not have anyone to help and guide me on how to use one the right way. Just make sure you say goodbye before finishing talking to a spirit. You never know what could happen.

Source

Ciara Boyle

PS Behrend '21

Psychology major with an LER minor! i love my dog more than anything<3
Andrea Gáez

PS Behrend '19

From Panama.xx